Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi . New member here .

Looking for info in Canada .

Does anyone know of any dealers that are left with a 2015 ZO6 allocation ?

I know its a tough one , just putting it out there .

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Try Scherer in kitchener.
John Scherer 519 893-8888 ex 237

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is a big dealer out in Alberta (forget the name) who might. Lots of guys picked up rays from there and took them to other areas.You will have to play tax refund I believe though, even if it's going out of province. My buddy had to on his Hellcat if he bought in Ontario and brought it into QC. From the general talk I believe most of southern Ontario is sold out. They had more deposits than allocations at most but who knows.....I would call everyone I could with fingers crossed. Allocation numbers for Canada are slim. Even at the largest dealers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I called the two suggested dealers in Montreal, one had no allocations whatsoever...the other was voicemail,left them my number,they did not bother even to call back. The third dealer in Ontario according to Kboy was asking at least $5000 over MSRP,so I did not bother.
I don't know how accurate the info is but the local dealership told me yesterday that there was only 28 Z06 allocated for Canada.So please don't quote me for the 28 number.
The local dealership (3 stores) had allocations of 5 with minimum 12 waiting since last year so I was told.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes cayennes, you are about right on that. I got the same story but they are working on a couple more. I think some are going to have to wait for a 2016. I talked with my salesman today as a matter of fact so the info is fairly accurate. They are hoping for first delivery in early Jan or Feb.

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi . New member here .

Looking for info in Canada .

Does anyone know of any dealers that are left with a 2015 ZO6 allocation ?

I know its a tough one , just putting it out there .
All 3 of my dealer Gateway's Z06 allocations are spoken for. Going to be hard to find.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How do the dealers know allocation numbers yet, did it miss something ??
For some reason Canadian dealers knew allocation a head of American dealers. Have no clue how that happened but it has! I confirmed it myself when I saw the forum posts pop up the other day. That's the good news. The bad news is Canada isn't going to see squat for total cars coming our way this year: (

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For some reason Canadian dealers knew allocation a head of American dealers. Have no clue how that happened but it has! I confirmed it myself when I saw the forum posts pop up the other day. That's the good news. The bad news is Canada isn't going to see squat for total cars coming our way this year: (
You know it really sucks when you go to a dealer and they are totally clueless what your talking about !!!

Me , Hi I want to order a 2015 Z06 , Dealer , well , we have one here now ??? Can I see it please , 2014 ZL1 is what he shows me :( Dohhh ....

Well I may be onto one now , just need to figure out if this dealer is BS me .

·
Registered
755 Posts
HI Madmav:
They don't really know numbers, they get them as and when they come in and are told in advance of approximately how many they can expect based on last years sales. Of course there were no ZO6's last year so I guess it is up for grabs on them. My dealer sold in excess of 35-40 units last year and are anticipating about 3-5 ZO6 allocations but not all at once of course. Some 15 Z51's are already built and waiting to be shipped to them (sold orders of course). It is a game GM plays with their dealers every year. Keeps someone employed I guess. haha!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres my sales persons email back to me today .

There is a giltch on the picture e-mail, it keeps telling me to retry opening in 10 minutes. I have been trying all day.
I opened the build sheet attachements and looked through them.

On page 82 and 83 finally found info on the Z07 and carbon ceramic brakes.

I have to find out if this is for the USA only.

Reason is they just mention emission standards and safety for certain states or for all 50 states, nothing about Canada.

Canada has different safety and emission standards than the US so some of these packages may not be available to us.

As of 5:30 P.M. today we still do not have pricing for 2015 Corvette's nor can I find the Z)& package on our Canadian car.

I will continue to search and keep in touch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres my sales persons email back to me today .

There is a giltch on the picture e-mail, it keeps telling me to retry opening in 10 minutes. I have been trying all day.
I opened the build sheet attachements and looked through them.

On page 82 and 83 finally found info on the Z07 and carbon ceramic brakes.

I have to find out if this is for the USA only.

Reason is they just mention emission standards and safety for certain states or for all 50 states, nothing about Canada.

Canada has different safety and emission standards than the US so some of these packages may not be available to us.

As of 5:30 P.M. today we still do not have pricing for 2015 Corvette's nor can I find the Z)& package on our Canadian car.

I will continue to search and keep in touch.
Kazman, The Z07 package only changes the brakes, the aero package (larger front winglets and adjustable transparent piece in the spoiler), and the tires. I believe there may also be some suspension or tuning adjustment, but I'm not aware of any actual component change in that regard. There's no reason that emissions will be different on that package. I have read quotes that it's a bit harsher touring and really is meant specifically for the track. Is there a track near Timmins that would make this worthwhile?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kazman, The Z07 package only changes the brakes, the aero package (larger front winglets and adjustable transparent piece in the spoiler), and the tires. I believe there may also be some suspension or tuning adjustment, but I'm not aware of any actual component change in that regard. There's no reason that emissions will be different on that package. I have read quotes that it's a bit harsher touring and really is meant specifically for the track. Is there a track near Timmins that would make this worthwhile?
Only track near here is a dirt track lol . Seriously though , nearest track is Grand Bend which is 9 to 10 hrs drive . I just want this to be the last high power car I buy , I want all the trimmings if possible .

·
Registered
223 Posts
HI Madmav:
They don't really know numbers, they get them as and when they come in and are told in advance of approximately how many they can expect based on last years sales. Of course there were no ZO6's last year so I guess it is up for grabs on them. My dealer sold in excess of 35-40 units last year and are anticipating about 3-5 ZO6 allocations but not all at once of course. Some 15 Z51's are already built and waiting to be shipped to them (sold orders of course). It is a game GM plays with their dealers every year. Keeps someone employed I guess. haha!!

Hey Stung, 3-5 is likely very optimistic from what I hear (from a credible dealer source). Canada is not going to see many due to the limited production run for 2015. Our largest dealers don't even rank with their sales compared to the US dealers. Their volume is massive at the largest and still huge at the mid level vs our dealers.. If the 900 initial dealers who received Stingray allocation first in 2014 had 4 each that would be all the cars for the 2015 run likely. Your dealer should already know his initial allocation. A few member's have spoken with their dealers and confirmed this.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Stung, 3-5 is likely very optimistic from what I hear (from a credible dealer source). Canada is not going to see many due to the limited production run for 2015. Our largest dealers don't even rank with their sales compared to the US dealers. Their volume is massive at the largest and still huge at the mid level vs our dealers.. If the 900 initial dealers who received Stingray allocation first in 2014 had 4 each that would be all the cars for the 2015 run likely. Your dealer should already know his initial allocation. A few member's have spoken with their dealers and confirmed this.
I'd say the 3-5 is possible if they sold that many units. My dealer sold less then that and they got 3 Z06 allocations which are already spoken for.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I spoke with Sherwood Park Chev, Edmonton, yesterday and they were allotted 6 Z06s right off....for a waiting list of 11.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are they sure about Z06's? I've had more than one dealer tell me stingray numbers when I asked about the Z06 because the sales person didn't know the difference. 6 is way more than the biggest dealers I've spoken to out east. Not saying it isn't true, just make sure they know what you're talking about.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts