Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is off gassing like crazy !!!

The car was at dealer less than 20 hours when I picked it up.

The smell has not gotten any better. It's real bad.

I leave it in sun w top off, fine till top goes back on

I leave it in sun w windows closed to see if that accelerates the off gassing. (don't think so) Same w windows up, same with windows open an inch.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not a real issue for me with a vert, but you are doing all of the right things to vent it off. You may want to add a Yankee Candle car interior scent product (I don't work for them. It is just the one I use in my Denali XL) or some other scenting device that suits your tastes. Just a thought...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine seems "more than normal" too but after a week I'm used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
144 Posts
Call me crazy but that smell gives me joy and reminds me of my prize, after that LONG two month wait!
I don't think your crazy, it makes sense to me! :)

Reactions: C7ish

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally it would make sense. But in the over 20+ new cars I have bought, this is the strongest smell I ever had.

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOVED the new car smell. I kept the top on and the windows up, even in the garage, just so it would not go away!;) Lasted pretty long too.

As it started to dissipate, around March.... I went out and bought a new 2014 Cadillac XTS :cool:
Now enjoying that new car smell all over again!:D:D:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
LOVED the new car smell. I kept the top on and the windows up, even in the garage, just so it would not go away!;) Lasted pretty long too.

As it started to dissipate, around March.... I went out and bought a new 2014 Cadillac XTS :cool:
Now enjoying that new car smell all over again!:D:D:D
I guess you bought the Top of the line Interior, with the "Real" leather. We need to get a 3LT to get the best smell, Real leather and more of it! My 2LT will not be up to par, but maybe better than a 1LT?

Reactions: Mark JD

·
Registered
53 Posts
While some enjoy the smell..that out-gassing may be comprised of compounds not beneficial to health. If the car can be garaged recommend keeping the roof off/retracted as much as feasible until dissipation

·
Registered
13 Posts
The adhesive smell is very strong at first and seems to get worse when my black car has been sitting in the sun. I picked my car up at the dealership the day after it arrived there. I have had it about three weeks now and the smell is finally subsiding.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I guess you bought the Top of the line Interior, with the "Real" leather. We need to get a 3LT to get the best smell, Real leather and more of it! My 2LT will not be up to par, but maybe better than a 1LT?
Yes Silverfox....
3LT with tons of NICE real leather.... seats, dash SWEET!:cool:

(AND..... even more nice leather in the XTS!);)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes Silverfox....
3LT with tons of NICE real leather.... seats, dash SWEET!:cool:

(AND..... even more nice leather in the XTS!);)
Mark, There was a Very good reason why I didn't get the 3LT and it wasn't the Bread! Take a look at The Red Knight's build and you may see why, if not you can PM me. :)

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
While some enjoy the smell..that out-gassing may be comprised of compounds not beneficial to health. If the car can be garaged recommend keeping the roof off/retracted as much as feasible until dissipation
Bingo! I love the smell, but supposedly it is not healthy to breathe it.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Mark, There was a Very good reason why I didn't get the 3LT and it wasn't the Bread! Take a look at The Red Knight's build and you may see why, if not you can PM me. :)
3LT + Kalahari is too much for you on the dash (I agree).

Reactions: SilverFox

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had been wondering the same thing regarding the C7 & it's smell... It was oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it until last weekend. The smell is exactly the same as a new cabin cruiser or yacht, it's all the composite materials & epoxy resins. I'm not saying it's any more safe or hazardous, but it explains the lack of film on the windshield (blushing, is what I think they call it) that I'm use to seeing on new cars.
I hate to say this but, judging by the same odor that can still be smelled in our 10 year old cabin cruiser this may linger on a little longer than we hoped...

Wormwood

·
Registered
118 Posts
It isn't B.O. It's beyond B.O. It's B.B.O.!

The only way to get rid of it is to park the car in a dodgy part of town with the windows open and the key fob on the seat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts