Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yep You sent me Tracking #. I received your rebate form as well in mail already.
Fred, I Want to thank you again for all your help!
I will post pics when I get ramps
All the best
Andrew

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I missed this post which is the reason my response is delayed. Amazon is by far the biggest reseller of Race Ramps. One of the reasons they sell so many ramps is that most people erroneously assume that Amazon prices on Race Ramps are the lowest and shop there first. In reality they are about 10% higher than Reverse Logic prices after our "SAVE10" coupon code.

The most important difference between Reverse Logic and Amazon is not our lower price, but, the dozen or so "RLL" ramp models that they don't carry. The Cradle Top Platform ramps, which are the subject of this thread, are an example of ramp models that Amazon does not offer. The progressive incline ramps with a curved top surface that you ordered are another example of a ramp that Amazon does not offer. Amazon focuses on the 80% of the ramps that are the high volume bread and butter models. They probably sell more of the RR-30 and RR-40 entry level ramps than all of the other resellers combined. Reverse Logic focuses on the other 20% of the ramps that solve difficult car-to-ramp clearance issues. You won't find a trailer ramp that can handle a car with 2" of ground clearance at Amazon. You won't even find that at the Race Ramps website. You will only find the RLL-TR-105-2 and RLL-TR-114-2 ramps at the Reverse Logic website.

Race Ramps and Reverse Logic Trailer Ramp Models

Another difference between Amazon and Reverse Logic is that they do not sponsor forums. Amazon does not need the visibility generated by forum members discussing products and suppliers.

Order done Fred. Cant wait to get them!! Lets see how fast you can get them to me.
I'm an Amazon prime member (2 day shipping) but you're a Forum vendor and all your help an assistance was greatly appreciated!! Thank you.
I picked up the RLL-99-2 (2- piece) model
Now I can do all my own oil changes!
Thanks
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Got home from work tonight and what is on my front porch? A BIG box with Race Ramps! Freaky Fast delivery! Thanks Fred!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Fred I just want to thank you! All your help on a late Sunday evening. Well I came home yesterday and like you promised same week, there were my race ramps!
First thing I did was pop them out of box to check my clearance issues that I was concerned with! I lowered my 2015 Z06 all the way on factory bolts. I have about 3.5" from fangs and 2.5 " from underneath plastic strips
These ramps clear both!!!
SOOOOO HAPPY! Im glad you helped me realize I needed these progressive style service ramps! As I quite honestly didn't know!
I like working as much as I can on my own car these ramps help tremendously!

I just wish all vendors were in tune with their products and SHIPPING information as you were. I know I am particular about who and where I spend my $$$!!
Thanks brother!! I will snap some pics when I can pull her out of garage its like 5' here on Long Island past week!!
Andrew

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks like I need to start another thread explaining the value proposition for the Progressive Incline style ramps. I suspect that some people may have been confused with the Progressive Incline Ramp posts in this Cradle Top Platform thread.

When you get your car on the ramps, please take a photo showing how close the rear tires come to the starting edge of the ramp when the front tires are up against the stop at the top of the platform.

...First thing I did was pop them out of box to check my clearance issues that I was concerned with! I lowered my 2015 Z06 all the way on factory bolts. I have about 3.5" from fangs and 2.5 " from underneath plastic strips. These ramps clear both!!!

SOOOOO HAPPY! Im glad you helped me realize I needed these progressive style service ramps! As I quite honestly didn't know!
I like working as much as I can on my own car these ramps help tremendously!...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Okay.
Question. I saw Ben from WeaponX (In one of his videos) He had the whole RR pit stop set up. That was like $1900.
I didn't want to spend that $$ .
I saw once he drove up he was able to slide ramp pieces under car out of the way.
Can I slide the pieces out once car is up? With my ramp set you sold me??
Thanks
A

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, as long as the rear tires are not on the ramps when the front tires are up against the stop on the platform. The ramps are 99" long. The front tires will be about 11" from the end of the platform. The wheelbase is about 106". So, there should be a few inches between the rear tire foot print and the starting edge of the ramps. This is the reason I asked you to post a photo.

Okay.
Question. I saw Ben from WeaponX (In one of his videos) He had the whole RR pit stop set up. That was like $1900.
I didn't want to spend that $$ .
I saw once he drove up he was able to slide ramp pieces under car out of the way.
Can I slide the pieces out once car is up? With my ramp set you sold me??
Thanks
A

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Fred, I unpacked them today. ( my wife wanted them out of the dinning room, not sure why!) so put them together and put the C7 up on them. Slicker than snot! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1424565524.511323.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1424565537.649350.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Cradle top platform ramps debut at Spring Carlisle Car Show

The new RLL-49-2 and RLL-59-2 ramps will debut at the Spring Carlisle Car Show in Carlisle, PA. Show dates are April 22-26, 2015. We will have the ramps on display on the Midway as well as in Building "T".

RLL-49+59+80.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Progressive Incline versus constant slope ramp

Here's a drawing that compares the RLL-99-3 progressive incline ramp with a 3.5 degree constant slope ramp. The 99" curved top ramp as an initial incline of 3.5 degrees and sweeps up to 8 degrees just be for reaching the platform. The progressive incline ramp is about 40" shorter than the constant incline ramp because it leverages the fact that the approach angle increases as the car climbs the ramp.

RLL-99-3+3.5_constant_incline_v2.png

21 - 31 of 31 Posts