Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hard to tell but I am a fan of Orange as I owned a Daytona Sunset Orange 2006 convt....I like it and can't wait to see a whole car in person in this color.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's color is going to look amazing!!!

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Mike. Here I am at NCM and didn't even see the hood with DSOM II. Need to tune into StingRay forums and learn from you and others to get smarter.

I now see the hood out the window and will go take a closer look. Thanks!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Looks to be exiting even if the vertical position the hood have doesn't serve the color as it "kills" the sun reflections.

·
Registered
896 Posts
:cool: ;) Difficult to make the right choice without to see a real car under the sun !!!
If GM continues to let the customers in ignorance the orders could be delayed.

·
18,670 Posts
I am not an "orange car lover," yet enthusiastically love the "Hugger Orange" GM's cars of the early 1970's, and really enjoy seeing my friends Atomic Orange (beautiful color).

Please take it for what it is worth, I was not impressed with the new hood in Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. While it has some metallic in it, IMO, not enough (not as much as other current metallic StingRay colors). Again, my opinion, and even had the GM staff move the hood on its stand this afternoon, so it faced directly at the abundant sunshine, this color is not exciting to me. However, if you like brown-orange, this color would be perfect for you.

·
18,670 Posts
When looking at racks of front fascias at the Plant two days ago, several folks commented that Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic fascias were darker than the Torch Red fascias immediately next to them.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Thanks for posting Mike. That is a very interesting color. Can't wait to see it in person. Seems to have nice depth.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not an "orange car lover," yet enthusiastically love the "Hugger Orange" GM's cars of the early 1970's, and really enjoy seeing my friends Atomic Orange (beautiful color).

Please take it for what it is worth, I was not impressed with the new hood in Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. While it has some metallic in it, IMO, not enough (not as much as other current metallic StingRay colors). Again, my opinion, and even had the GM staff move the hood on its stand this afternoon, so it faced directly at the abundant sunshine, this color is not exciting to me. However, if you like brown-orange, this color would be perfect for you.
You may think differently when you see it in person on a completed car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts