Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I'm looking forward to joining the Corvette community in the near future! I'm recent grad of Kettering University (Old GMI) an engineer for GM and I'm currently waiting on an allocation at my local dealership!

Never owned a 'Vette, but looking forward to changing that. My current ride is 2005 Mazda RX-8 (Foreign!? What!? I know, I know! Find me another practical car you can get on a college kinds budget ;)). Before that my first car that was truly mine was a 1991 Old's Cutlass Supreme Manual Coupe, with the 3.1l, and an awesome cord you pulled to change the temp because the temperature solenoid was broken!

Believe it or not, the Cutlass had an LCD display! With digital readout for speed, and the RX-8 had the same, So its great that the C7 has an equivalent Speedo as well. After 8 years of driving with a Digital readout, analogue speedos seem so imprecise and slow! :p

As far as color goes, Right now I'm leaning toward LB, with Yellow calipers, CF mirrors and spoiler, and either Black or Kalahari interior. My only issue is that LB doesn't POP in sub par lighting. Whats tempting me away is that Velocity Yellow florescence!

I still can't make up my mind! Any suggestions or rebuttals?

Here's a thread I just made with my different terrible photoshop thought experiments: Some Quick Photoshops I've Done
Let me know what you think!

Also, Here's my current baby all waxed up!
1150608_10151870602752812_1570836841_o.jpg

Together!
11 - 1.jpg

A different Day, a different wax!
20130328_145534.jpg

Other interests include: Sports, Microbreweries, Travel, Video games (LoL), Board games, Books of all kinds, Hiking, Anime, Android, and snowboarding.

Thanks again! This seems like a great community!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Maedra welcome to the forum. I was originally from MI, grew up in East Lansing.

I'm about 3 weeks away from delivery on my new C7 Z51. It is Laguna Blue with the Kalahari interior. Black calipers. Silver painted std wheels.

When I was doing my build I experimented with multiple options and colors as the website allows you to add, remove or change the look of the C7 at the quick touch of a button.

What you have described has a lot of different colors going on with your car, for me it's a bit much, but you should do what you like.

My suggestion is to use the tools that are on the build your car site and do what you think best and this way you can see a lot of different looks before you buy.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Maedra, welcome aboard, and you are correct it is a great community of people on the forum. Enjoy, and let us know what color you decide on.

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Welcome to our forum Maedra! Wish you every success in getting just what you want in your first Stingray. Glad to have you here. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes all! :)

And Tom0021, I know what you mean about the combination of colors, which is why I'm leaning toward black interior and then going to try and dye the stitching yellow. Then we would have 1 major color, 1 minor color, and 1 accent color. Blue Body, Black wheels, spoiler, mirrors, accents, and interior, and yellow calipers and stitching.

We shall see how I feel when my number comes up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts