Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I'm new to the forum, and going to take delivery of my white /kahalari 3lz stage 1 at the museum on 2/26
(current owner of a 07 z06 le Mans blue with 60 k miles)
-Do you guys have instal the CAGS ( I have one on my 07 and love it everyday) where did you bought it, is it the same installation as for the c6?
- I'm planning to do some NASA events, ( I took my c6 there for 3 years) is it worth asking the suspension to be set on "track specification"? what are the draw back for daily use?
- going to do the museum delivery, how much time did you guys spend visiting the assembly line?

Thanks a lot guys for all the great informations you have provide me (just as a reader) with your forum.

Again, sory if my English is far from perfect.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,623 Posts
Welcome, you're going to love that car. Can't answer your question but I'm sure someone here will. :cool:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
new in the forum, white z06 delivered on 2/26 have some question cags, suspen...

Are you from France? I only ask because of your forum name. Your English is better than my French.

As for your 1st question, are you asking if anyone has installed the "skip shift eliminator"? The Z06 comes with CAGS. Most don't find it to be terribly intrusive.

As for track alignment, it's probably worth it if you are very competitive in timed events. As for leaving it aligned to track specifications, be prepared for some extra wear on the inside tread blocks from the extra degree of negative camber.

As for time on the assembly line and museum delivery...there are folks who have done factory tours separate from museum delivery. Do you want to spend lots of time in the factory? I'm sure others who have done both will chime in.

Good luck with your new Z06. Guessing you will love it!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Track alignment downsides:

What's the downside to negative camber? Negative camber leans both tires on the axle towards the center of the vehicle. Each tire develops an equal and offsetting "camber thrust" force (the same principle that causes a motorcycle to turn when it leans) even when the vehicle is driven straight ahead. If the vehicle encounters a bump that only causes one tire to lose some of its grip, the other tire's negative camber will push the vehicle in the direction of the tire that lost grip. The vehicle may feel more "nervous" and become more susceptible to tramlining. Excessive camber will also reduce the available straight-line grip required for rapid acceleration and hard stops.

·
Administrator
16,441 Posts
Welcome to our forum Citroen and congrats on your pending NCM delivery! Glad to have you here.:cool:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I take my Z51 to the track a few times a year. I'll be getting the alignment done in the spring. If you don't have it done before you track your car you will wear out the outside edge very quickly. If you are going to track the car more then once a year, you'll wear out the tires on track long before you can on the street.
I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys, and yes originally from France moved 9 years ago, and UD citizen for 4 years now.... and proud owner of a 07 Z06 to which i put 40000 miles...

So thanks a again, Im going to assume that the Cags is the same for c7 stingray and c7 zo7, any way the one I have on my c6 came from a c5.....
I will wait for the track set up...
My delivery has been confirmed for the 2/26 at 7:45!!!!

Have a nice day

Sorry for my spelling.... still learning English :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I may have mis-read your posts, thought you were considering using your CAGS from your current car on your new one....if not, ignore below....

I believe there are differences (connector possibly) between the CAGS piece for the different generations. Could very well be wrong, but think C5 is different from C6 & C7....suggest you check a vendor's website who sells them to verify.

I believe they are $20-ish. Given it's a $90k+ car, I would want to be certain & if any doubt would buy a new, C7, one....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I installed cags on my Z06. Bought the kit online just do a search for C7 cags both the Stingray and Z06 are the same. Just a question whether you buy the 1 piece or 2 piece. Shouldn't really matter.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My CAGS must be broken or disabled. I can't get my car to skip shift. Maybe it takes a special driving technique......or one day I'll just be shocked when it happens. Either way, I wouldn't install a device for it. You will want to make plans to install side skirts on your car as soon as you can. The wide and very sticky tires will throw up every pebble in the road onto the side of your car. The best approach is to install the wider mudguards as well as the side skirts......they are a must for any stage 1 Z06.
I can't advise you about the track alignment or the museum delivery, but I can assure you that you will be amazed by your car and how well it transforms from daily driver to full on racecar. It's extraordinary. Congratulations on your pending delivery!!

Derik

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
For cags you have to shift at a very low throttle speed otherwise it just skips it. You might see the light flash for it.

- you are in first gear
- you are using 21% throttle or less
- you are traveling between 15 & 19 mph
- and your engine coolant temperature is greater than 169°F (76°C)

It's not really a device, all you are doing is disconnecting the connector from the side of the transmission the so call kit is more a dust cap. "The specially designed plug that will protect the loose ends of the harness, from dirt and corrosion, while adding the resistance needed to eliminate the "service engine" check light codes."

I've also read on other sites where this cags "feature" has gone bad and the owner had trouble shifting.

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,028 Posts
CAGS is much less intrusive on the C7. I have only seen it on a rare occasion, and I just leave it in 1st a little longer. I thought I was going to need a CAGS eliminator before I picked up my C7, but after a year of driving it, it just isn't necessary (at least for me).

·
Registered
3,362 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello Citroen and welcome to the forum, I cant answer your Z06 questions but I can tell you that the museum delivery will allocate several hours for the factory tour. If you want to spend more time at the factory just let your guide know ahead of time. You can always visit the museum on another day but the factory tour is VERY special and you will never have that chance again unless you do another museum delivery. You will get a VIP tour of the factory which is completely different from the public tours. Enjoy the day and plan on spending all day there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you gentleman, and yes it was a long long process to first have a green card, then the US citizenship, but that day was one of the best of my life!!!

Elegant, Im finishing a DS23 pallas IE that I would bring to midwest in a couple of month.... if you want to test drive it....

You guys have fun!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The downside to using the track alignment has been covered, but what is the upside? Is there a significant difference in how the car handles for an "intermediate level weekend track warrior"?
My '15 Z51 was delivered with a perfect alignment with great centering and feel on the street. I'm a bit leery to let the dealer change anything as that usually leads to disappointments, but I also want to take full advantage of the handling characteristics built into the car.
My only observation so far after one track date is that there seems to be a bit more understeer than in the cars I drove at Ron Fellows which are set at the track specs.
Advice?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts