Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just joined the forum. I live in the Chicago area. I'm planning on buying and in fact thought I was placing an order. I say thought because the salesman took all my wants/options two weeks ago but I have yet to receive an order number. He is telling me it takes from one to three weeks for them to input the order to GM. I haven't ordered car since my 1977 Camaro. My question is (and I think I know the answer), does it really take weeks for a dealership to place an order or am I being yanked around because they may not have enough allocations and can't order a car.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
111 Posts
I placed my order with Phillips Chevy in Frankfort. I put down a $1000 refundable deposit. Give them a call and see if they have any additional allocations.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
Hi all. Just joined the forum. I live in the Chicago area. I'm planning on buying and in fact thought I was placing an order. I say thought because the salesman took all my wants/options two weeks ago but I have yet to receive an order number. He is telling me it takes from one to three weeks for them to input the order to GM. I haven't ordered car since my 1977 Camaro. My question is (and I think I know the answer), does it really take weeks for a dealership to place an order or am I being yanked around because they may not have enough allocations and can't order a car.

Thanks,

Craig
Welcome to the forum Craig. Glad to have you here. If the dealer is one of the 900 dealers who were given allocations for the initial C7 Corvette, they would be able to put your order into the GMWorkbench immediately, or certainly within a day. They should then provide you a printout of the order with an order number and your name appearing on the order. If however they are not one of the 900 or they have already used up their allocations, they would not be able to place a 'real' order for you. You should call your dealer and ask for the GSM (General Sales Manager over new car sales and over your salesperson). Ask him/her how many allocations they received for the 2014 C7, and how many orders have they already placed. If you don't get straight answers try another dealer- you can use the Chevrolet site to find legitimate dealers (dealers who are currently able to sell C7s) near your zip code. Best of luck. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts