Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
...may I ask for recommendation on a high quality interior windshield sun block?
Lucydad...I’ve used the “Intro-Tech Ultimate Reflector” exclusively in all of my vehicles for decades. They’re ultra-high quality, fit like a glove, and come with a carry/storage sleeve. You won’t find a better shade on the market!

Reactions: Lucydad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have some questions for the experienced owners of this forum please. I am waiting delivery of a 2015 C7 Convertible.

On my test drive, I noticed large side blind spots. For safety, I know it will help to have a better view. May I ask for recommendations please? I have found aftermarket stick on more convex side mirrors to reduce blind spot.

Texas summer heat is intense, may I ask for recommendation on a high quality interior windshield sun block?

I suspect there are other small accessories, but these first two are high priority.

Thanks!
I learned very quickly with my c7 z06 to make sure i've dried the tires after leaving the car wash before accelerating. traction control on it still went sideways

·
Registered
2015 Corvette Z51, LT2 package, manual, convertible, torch red
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I learned very quickly with my c7 z06 to make sure i've dried the tires after leaving the car wash before accelerating. traction control on it still went sideways
I can believe that. On both my motorcycles, if I get into rain or slick roads: Rain mode on, and slow way down. The Corvette engine is extremely high torque, yep.

·
Administrator
16,091 Posts
Welcome to our forum farmboy. You could also have put it in Weather Mode until your tires were dry to avoid lack of traction leaving a car wash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Adjust your mirrors as described here, and you may find you don't really need anything else. Most people adjust the outside mirrors so they have way more overlap with the inside mirror than there's any need for. I have mine adjusted this way, and don't feel there are any significant blind spots.

Also, our heads swivel for a reason. I never change lanes without turning my head to check, in addition to checking the mirrors.

This is what I use and it works great! I still look over my shoulder. Since, I have a Roadster with the top down most of the time, it has confirmed to me this system really works. :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Corvette Z51, LT2 package, manual, convertible, torch red
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok. Allrighty-then. Took my new car out for first spin, and adjusted side mirrors per diagram. Yep: no issues with blind spot, even with top up. I always swivel head (I ride motorcycles also). Kudos to all who gave advice. More on learning curve tomorrow. I am extremely pleased with the car so far, exceeding expectations.

·
Registered
421 Posts
At Ron Fellows they recommended you barely see the sides of the car, this adjustment let’s you track and see what’s in either lane in your blind spot.

The C7 doesn’t have the best visibility, nor will the C8. I’m use to using my mirrors on a motorcycle so it’s natural for me. It takes time to get comfortable. Start off in a parking lot with a friend.

Be safe out there...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts