Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, but glad I found it. I have a 2016 Corvette Stingray 1LT. I am experiencing a buzzing/wurring noise when I accelerate (no matter what speed), the sound is basically parallel with my exhaust growl but coming from the front end and is super annoying. It reminds me of an older Chevy Suburban or van. I have two diagnosis, a bad Tensioner Bearing and/or a bad connecter for my Resonator Box. I have not found any posts on here naming these two items as a cause. Was hoping to get some specific feedback on this from the community. Both are relatively inexpensive fixes, but don't want to have my car in and out of shops. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
Glad it is resolved. (y)

·
Registered
105 Posts
After the Chevy mechanic fixed the belt tensioner in my 2015 Stingray a few years ago, I ask him why that part should fail with the car having only around 11,000 miles on it. He told me that sometimes the factory that makes the parts makes a bad batch. I also think that when they designed this new engine for the C7, that there were bound to be issues- like the with the shutter in the A8 transmission.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts