Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I ordered my C7, Z51, 3LT, auto, Performance exhaust, Magnetic ride, Painted red brakes, Carbon fiber trim, CF visible roof, Micro fiber trim, torch red/red interior w carbon flash carbon stinger stripe. Museum Delivery
After reading this forum I understand now why my salesman told me he could not give me a delivery date yet.
I own a vintage award winning 1975 C3.
But like many others I have NEVER paid sticker for any car ever...worth it...but never have.
I could have bought a C7 with all I wanted but did not have the interior I wanted so I elected to wait to have what I want.
So as I understand it...
Z51 and the carbon options are a major holdup?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here is the deal once your car gets to 3300 status you should take delivery in less than 30 days. You wont get to 3300 if the CF roof, z51 or anything else that is on constraint isnt available to build your car.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and from reading the forum post I gather there is no idea as to when the Z51 and Carbon Fiber will be available?
Thanks for your answer.

·
18,666 Posts
Hi I ordered my C7, Z51, 3LT, auto, Performance exhaust, Magnetic ride, Painted red brakes, Carbon fiber trim, CF visible roof, Micro fiber trim, torch red/red interior w carbon flash carbon stinger stripe. Museum Delivery
After reading this forum I understand now why my salesman told me he could not give me a delivery date yet.
I own a vintage award winning 1975 C3.
But like many others I have NEVER paid sticker for any car ever...worth it...but never have.
I could have bought a C7 with all I wanted but did not have the interior I wanted so I elected to wait to have what I want.
So as I understand it...
Z51 and the carbon options are a major holdup?
Welcome Lipstick! Here's a thread, with its own links that would be useful to you. A few thread highlights: Constraints come and go (are usually updated each Thursday); they have mostly to do with the parts supply chain; you are correct that right now the exposed CF roof and the Z-51 parts are the constraint; AND, all that gets compounded by the fact that GM has a system that rewards dealers who sold the most in the previous model year (unlike, I just learned Toyota's which cares less about previous sales and every order is strictly prioritized by time the order is placed).

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/1355-questions.html

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did order from dealer who had a large number of 2013 sales. My local dealer did not have an allocation yet and the one time one near me did, I did not make contact with my husband fast enough (I snoozed and loozed) and this was only a couple of hours as my husband was in a meeting. So happy I found you all to whine to.

·
18,666 Posts
Smart, ordering from a dealer with large number of previous year's sales. Good luck with patiently waiting until your's arrives. There will be lots and lots of info for you to read on this forum in the interim.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh I am reading, thank you for the links so now I understand why I cannot get an approximate delivery date....with the constraints they do not know.
Visited with my Corvette rep yesterday to discuss finance options now that I have a VIN. He mentioned that one of the bigger Houston Chevrolet dealers go NO Corvette allocations because they didn't send people to the mandatory training program

·
Registered
271 Posts
One of my Clients owns a small town suburban Texas dealership and he told me he elected not to participate in the C7 program this year as it required a $100m investment/commitment which was too much for a dealership that is finally breaking even.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think some of the local Mobile, AL dealers were in the same boat, one in the next county had a few but they were reserved and the one time, as I said in an earlier post, I was offered one I could not get in touch with my husband for a few hours and by the time I did they had sold the allocation. The good news is it made me research and my "corvette mechanic" who works on my C3 told me to call Kerbeck's in NJ which I did and since they have been the top for corvette sales for many years it worked out for the best. So hopefully I will have it March/April next year (sooner would be nice) but after reading many of the post on the forum I doubt it.
Thank you all for the info!

·
18,666 Posts
There are more than a few top Corvette dealers which have integrity and allocation. I bought two corvettes from Kerbeck and was delighted with both transactions.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I texted my salesman and asked if I could have an order number so I could track and he said has not been ordered yet...Kerbeck has a large allocation....I texted him back and asked when my vette would be ordered and he said I would be contacted when it was ordered....sigh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts