Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No need to describe the pain on having our "on order" stuck at 1100 when GM killed Cyber Gray.

Found this vehicle same day, we got the news from this forum. Deposit placed May 9, delivered May 15. We got all options we ordered, including the auto which we did not!

Extremely happy with the purchase, it's our first Chevrolet.

In addition we own:

2004 Pontiac GTO (Gateway Drug)
2007 Pontiac Solstice (DDM Stage II Supercharged)
2013 Dodge Charger RT / AWD

Rob 49% co-owner / Tammy 51% co-owner

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
Congrats. Great looking ride.!. Very-very similar to mine. Red calipers and everything. The apparent difference is the interior color of the leather, as I went with kalahari. Build date is 6/2 TPW for me. Did it come with the NPP performance exhaust and/or the MRC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
USARocketman,

Performance Exhaust, Transparent Top and Navigation. I think everything else is apparent and or mentioned previously (auto). Consider ourselves very fortunate that a Dealer Manager has nearly same taste as we do. The Adrenalize Red was our first choice, but after seeing it in person, changed our order to Gray interior, it is a little bright. But the Red was not a killer. No offense to the Kalahari interior, but that is the sum available on most dealer lots. I found a gray on gray, but was a 1LT and not a Z51. The Kalahari is stricking, just not to our fancy and clearly the most common interior color for Cyber Gray. After our order was canceled, this made my life very difficult until I found this car! To each his own and thank you for the kind words.

Did you go with the black rims? The $2,000 chrome options just doesn't look good on the Cyber Gray. Again personal choice.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats Revans! Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great looking Vette, Congrats & Welcome to the Forum!!!

I had a '66 Dodge Charger(383 4bbl - the 1st year) & a '69 GTO & '74 Firebird 400 w/Honeycomb Mags, among many others, hated to see Pontiac go, also Olds, had a # of those, best memory: 1976 Olds Cutlass T-Top(My Wedding Car). OK enough reminiscing for today, back to work Bill!!!

Reactions: usazr1

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Welcome and do yourself a favor and check your engine oil to make sure it is @ the proper level.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51
122 Posts
USARocketman,

Performance Exhaust, Transparent Top and Navigation. I think everything else is apparent and or mentioned previously (auto). Consider ourselves very fortunate that a Dealer Manager has nearly same taste as we do. The Adrenalize Red was our first choice, but after seeing it in person, changed our order to Gray interior, it is a little bright. But the Red was not a killer. No offense to the Kalahari interior, but that is the sum available on most dealer lots. I found a gray on gray, but was a 1LT and not a Z51. The Kalahari is stricking, just not to our fancy and clearly the most common interior color for Cyber Gray. After our order was canceled, this made my life very difficult until I found this car! To each his own and thank you for the kind words.

Did you go with the black rims? The $2,000 chrome options just doesn't look good on the Cyber Gray. Again personal choice.....
What I'm seeing in Houston is lots of black interiors. Not sure why since summers are very, very hot here, but >80% are black (based on two dealer's lot cars). Lots of choices in exterior colors. But a few grays and even fewer kalahari interiors.

I agree on the chrome. Not my taste either. Last time I had chrome on rims were Craig SS wheels on my '78 Trans Am in the mid-80s. It was either the silver or black on the C7. I went with the Z51 silver "stock" color. I think the CGM with silver rims and red calipers is a great combination.!. Everyone has their own look they want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts