Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a 2015 Z06 convertible in black with Z07 option and bunch of other creature comforts. Okay that takes care of the important details, now for the trivial stuff:D I reside just outside Toronto Canada and have been tinkering with performance cars and boats since I was a kid. Have owned a bunch of cars and boats over the years. favorite cars I've owned, a 1970 B5 blue 340 Swinger and my 74 4 speed Stingray. I work in film and television as a stuntman and actor. Lining things up to purchase a new Z06 and salivating at the thought! I have driven some fast stuff and am looking to finally own what I consider to be my ultimate car. I have always wanted a killer Corvette convertible ever since I saw a friends modified 58 convertible at the age of 19. Currently driving a fully loaded 2009 Ford Expedition LTD. ....I need to tow the boats lol. No performance car right now :(

Here's a couple of videos to stoke our fires for speed and power. A few clips of my buddy and I running his 42 Cigarette Tiger. Turn up the volume and enjoy those blowers : )

Beautiful music, the beast at idle. Sorry about the framing, damn Iphone. Forgot to flip it. This ones all about the sound not the video anyways lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you for the warm welcome Smalltown, Blueray, WeaponX ( by the way, I watch your products to see what you're cooking up next : ) The best part is when I get to just blast the heck out of a car while the police lock up the roads for me. Be very careful buying factory demo cars by the way as they sometimes send them to set lol. Dodge gave us some new hemi cars a few years back. I got that Charger with 540 miles on it and gave it back with 546....She will never be the same again. Half the rubber gone,suspension pushed brutally, poor K frame as she bounced off the asphalt when they called for more speed. I knew that little deviation in the road was going to send her up and skipping off pavement on the landing but hey if that's what the director wants, that's what I'm a gonna give him!. Last but not least thank you for the welcome as well Z51Stingray! I'm doing okay....now if we can just get some Z06's up here in Canada and the bucks line up....Then I'll be doing sooo much better. I have two friends on the list for Hellcats and I'm going to need to school them both lol.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Craig, welcome aboard and it reads like you have a cool job.

SF
Rick

Reactions: Movie Muscle

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Welcome Craig! You may have some very interesting contributions

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome Smalltown, Blueray, WeaponX ( by the way, I watch your products to see what you're cooking up next : ) The best part is when I get to just blast the heck out of a car while the police lock up the roads for me. Be very careful buying factory demo cars by the way as they sometimes send them to set lol. Dodge gave us some new hemi cars a few years back. I got that Charger with 540 miles on it and gave it back with 546....She will never be the same again. Half the rubber gone,suspension pushed brutally, poor K frame as she bounced off the asphalt when they called for more speed. I knew that little deviation in the road was going to send her up and skipping off pavement on the landing but hey if that's what the director wants, that's what I'm a gonna give him!. Last but not least thank you for the welcome as well Z51Stingray! I'm doing okay....now if we can just get some Z06's up here in Canada and the bucks line up....Then I'll be doing sooo much better. I have two friends on the list for Hellcats and I'm going to need to school them both lol.

Welcome Craig! What is the story of your icon picture? Is that what happens in Canada after a winter snow storm? :)

In Florida, you turn into an animal! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Craig, welcome aboard and it reads like you have a cool job.

SF
Rick

Your job sounds not too shabby either Rick. I may play it on screen but you do it for real.The odd time things go wrong, and it gets real unfortunately...explosions and certain stunts can be hard to control....few friends have taken it bad over the years. Have worked with some heavy dudes when I worked for an armorer running his weapons teams. Trained with SWAT, ETF, and some SF guys. Serious dudes who wrote on tactics for Armor Magazine. Hope you are well, and good on you for serving and protecting. I have seen what it can do to a man's mind first hand after some of my friends did serious tours. Whenever I travel in the States by plane I let all servicemen ahead of me in the airport lines. I have friends who serve in the states and up here. Respect. I see you tagged on SF................

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Welcome Craig! You may have some very interesting contributions
Thank you for the warm welcome. I may, some of my friends are very serious cars guys and we have tinkered with cars and builds from a very young age. One of my first interesting contributions will likely be first hand knowledge of the new Hellcat. Two friends were first on the list with their respective dealers....and today I got the call! They got allocation and cars ordered!!! One in Ontario Canada called me first, the second out of Quebec Canada.I called the second friend immediately after the first gave me the scoop and he later emailed to confirm I was right and that it was on! I posted what I was told by them both moments ago in the Hellcat thread here in the garage section if you want to have a boo. Hope all is well. Congrats on the car. Saw that color combo up here it's nice. Much better than the old green...and now discontinued. So you will be one of the few out there. It's a color one needs to see in person to see that crazy flake vs a picture was my thought when I saw it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Welcome Craig! What is the story of your icon picture? Is that what happens in Canada after a winter snow storm? :)

In Florida, you turn into an animal! :)
Frostbite they said, pfffft I said..............ok fine, fine they were right. That's actually a picture of me shot by a friend back stage with just a point and shot camera against a hanging black cloth. The make up was done by Academy Award winning make up artist David Leroy Anderson for Dawn Of The Dead by Zack Snyder. Early in my career I always said I wanted to have a killer make up job and this was it! It took three guys 8 hrs with pre cast appliances to make me up and 3-4 to remove it. They did me from the waste up. Every hair on my head was glued on one at a time even. The detail was incredible. It looked real to me when I looked at myself in the mirror even!!
Actually I'll attach the clip from You tube. Some of the guys here might get a kick out of it. I played "Propane Zombie". It's a fun clip to watch with lots of action.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Craig, that was awesome, ow many movies have you acted in?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive been in the business for 16 years and done quite a few films, tv shows and commercials now. Most recently I was in the New X-men Days of Future Past, Pompeii and Robocop.

Sometimes I'm just acting, sometimes just stunt, sometimes we play a role and do our own stunts as stunt actors as well. I'll send you a few links, that will be better than writing it out.

Here's a link to the internet movie database site that shows some of my stuff. There's also some cool set stills on the IMDB page. I'll toss in a link to a partial rough cut demo from a few years ago you might find cool too.

Craig Snoyer - IMDb just click on the tab at the bottom of the stunt section and it will open the acting credit section.

Stay safe Rick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts