Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Tom Forsyth, a retired Chevy dealer in Schwenksville Pa. My store,
Tom Forsyth Chevrolet Inc. was in Zieglerville Pa. from 1966 to 2005. My dad
started it and I became the dealer in 1970 at age 26.
Have had about a dozen new Vettes but never more excited that now. My
order QZVB09 is at 3300 status and am anxiously awaiting my tpw.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome Tom! Since you are familiar with the dealer network, would you know how allocations usually work when comparing large and small dealers? In other words, do they allow dealers to fill orders in a percentage basis or based on numbers?

Example:

Large dealer with 100 allocations

Small dealer with 10 allocations

If they do it percentage wise (let's say 50%), the small dealer gets 5 and the large gets 50.

If they do it per unit (let's say 10), the small dealer gets 10 and the large dealer gets 10.

Just wondering because I am on a list with a order number but it has not been scheduled for production yet in a large dealer with 60 allocations (I am number 23). A smaller dealer has 3 coupes and 1 convertible for the first wave. Would it end up being the same timing?

Anyone's input is also welcome... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Torijona,

I'm with a dealer in your area whose allocation is 90+. He received his first 4 and was expecting another 10 last week and got nothing. Placed my deposit with him back in early Feb. and am #11 on their list. I think the not knowing is driving everybody a little crazy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Torijona, Never really knew how the allocations worked. As a former dealer though, I think GM's policy of giving the first year C7s to the dealers that took four or more C6s was totally fair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome Tom. How do you know your status of 3300?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check your order here Chevy Order Tracking | Track Your Order | Chevrolet or here Connects | GM vehicle order tracking.

Production / event codes for your C-7 build

This should help you track your car as it goes from order to delivery. Your dealer can give you its current status or use the links above.

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4150, Original invoice to the dealer
4200, Shipped by the plant
4800, Bayed with the carrier
5000, Delivered to the dealer

corvettestingray2014.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I enter my info it says File Not Found.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I enter my info it says File Not Found.
With the first website you should be able to see it for sure. I think the second one only shows status for orders that have actually been placed and accepted. I know that I got an order number from my dealer and will show up on the first website but not on the second one. I know for sure that I have an order number (allocation) but not accepted by Chevy. That's just my guess...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, I see my order info along with the dealership on one link. It's the build link that says File Not Found. Guess my C7 is still in crates somewhere in a deep, dark, dank, warehouse!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry, Torijona, Never really knew how the allocations worked. As a former dealer though, I think GM's policy of giving the first year C7s to the dealers that took four or more C6s was totally fair.
I agree... I am all in for rewarding superb performance. Thankfully, my dealer is getting plenty. The good part is that by the time my car goes in for service or anything else, the techs, should be quite familiar with the car, which calms me down slightly :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
When did you get the status #, I'm #2 of 10 on my dealers allocation for convertibles. Mine can't be ordered until GM starts taking the orders. Is that when you informed or order position? Mines going to be Crystal Red. Does anybody know where you can find good pictures of the interior color options. We went to Bowling Green for the intro. but the cars had limited color variations.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tom, Welcome aboard, I bet you have seen a lot of Chevrolet Muscle come and go through your dealership. Besides the early 70 Camaro's, I've always wanted a 70 Chevelle, LS6, cranberry Red, with the 4-speed rock crusher. What C7 did you order?

SF
Rick
Hi, I am Tom Forsyth, a retired Chevy dealer in Schwenksville Pa. My store,
Tom Forsyth Chevrolet Inc. was in Zieglerville Pa. from 1966 to 2005. My dad
started it and I became the dealer in 1970 at age 26.
Have had about a dozen new Vettes but never more excited that now. My
order QZVB09 is at 3300 status and am anxiously awaiting my tpw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts