Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dennis from Iowa here, been following the forum for about a month, I have learned a lot in that time, great forum!

I have never owned a Corvette but have always been a huge fan. I told my wife when we got married 24 years ago that by the time I am 30 I will have a Corvette. Well 30 came and went about 17 years ago, life happened and got in the way of my promise to myself. I am finally in a place in life where I can make it happen! I have money down at a local dealer to reserve an allocation and as soon as pricing is available I am going to pull the trigger on ordering a brand new 2015 coupe! In retrospect I am glad I had to wait this long, the new Stingray is a beautiful car and I can't wait to get mine.

Quick question, I am dealing with Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny Iowa and was just wondering if any members have dealt with Karl on there new Stingray and how their experience was? I have been buying Fords my entire adult life from a Ford dealership right next door to Karl. My mother-in-law has worked for this Ford dealer as long as I have known her so I kind of felt obligated to buy Ford.

Thanks in advance for any help as I am sure I will need it!

·
18,670 Posts
Welcome Dennis! When your StingRay arrives, you are in for one of your life's great thrills!

Have no info on your dealership, but with the links I sent you in my earlier private message, you can get a good deal of information as to the Corvette process of allocating Corvettes to its dealers. If you have not ordered a Z-51 and your dealer has confirmed to you that they are authorized to sell StingRays (having already sent some of its staff to specialized training, bought the unique-to-StingRay tools, etc.), your dealership can get you your car. If your dealership has not met all of GM's Corvette sales requirements, you dealership will not be able to get you your new Corvette. If you have ordered a Z-51, please read this thread for more info, and if further questions, post here or send me a private message and will help.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...rchasing/4463-caution-2015-z-51-buyers-5.html

Good luck, and hopefully your dealer can efficiently help you get you your dream car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they are authorized to sell Stingrays, they have three 2014's on their lot and I think they were around 50th out of the top 100 Stingray 2014 dealer allocations that I saw on an earlier post. Like I said, I have been dealing with the same Ford dealership for as long as I can remember so I was just curious if anyone else has dealt with them and how their experience was.

I read the posts that you recommended a while ago before I went to the dealership and they were VERY helpful in understanding the ordering process, when I went in to ask about ordering a 2015 the salesman said "sounds like you have done your homework, you might know more than I do at this point". I was not dealing with the salesman who went to the Stingray training but he seemed OK, he did have to ask the "Stingray Salesman" to get a few of my questions answered. Should I ask to be dealing with the "Stingray Salesman" or as long as he is willing to admit he doesn't know everything and confirms what he doesn't know with the "Stingray Salesman" will I be good?

I will not be ordering a Z-51, probably a 2LT coupe.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I will not be ordering a Z-51, probably a 2LT coupe.
You may want to check with Mac Mulkin, they are offering 3K off the MSRP on the non Z51 you want I believe.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice story, good things come to those who wait :)
welcome!

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Welcome to our forum Dennis and I am pretty sure you will find the new Stingray will quickly make your delayed promise a well worthwhile one that you have kept- even if a bit late ;). On the positive side the additional maturity and worldly knowledge of the 17 years post promise day will undoubtedly contribute to your enjoying it even more! :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome Dennis! I know you'll love your C7 coupe....

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Dennis, welcome aboard

SF
Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts