Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have always like Corvettes since I was a child. I am now in a position to where I can buy my dream car. I was told to join a Corvette forum before I purchase my first Corvette to get some pointers. I am thinking about a 2016 c7 but have not decided on the trim level yet. I tend to do alot of research before I purchase anything. This car will be my daily driver. Any advice will be great appreciated.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
Where do you live? What are the roads like there? For a daily driver, you should consider road conditions to help determine what suspension you should buy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Good luck in your search!

C7 Stingray comes in 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trim levels with the 1LT being the base. 2LT have more bells and whistles and just enough for me. The 3LT is the top of line with features that the average person wouldn't use or care about for the added cost. I tend to be a middle of the road kind of guy which is why I have the middle 2LT trim level. Also, you likely will find topics on this forum about trim levels.

I suggest you google: corvette c7 1lt vs 2lt vs 3lt and you will find alot of information to read or Youtubes to view which should help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=corvette+c7+1lt+vs+2lt+vs+3lt&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS849US849&oq=corvette+c7+1LT+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.12057j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
Welcome to Stingrayforums Flightxray!

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Welcome to our forum Flightxray! You can find a lot of good information across our threads as well as by using our search function. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Welcome aboard Flightxray! In addition to joining this great forum, go meet come local Vette guys. Just google Augusta, GA corvette club and/or car shows and go see the different trim levels on actual cars, makes a ton of difference AND you'll make some great new friends.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
Augusta ga, the roads are okay here
Then you can pretty much get whichever model you want without having to worry about the ride quality over potholes.

Within each model, there will be different trim levels as others have indicated above. What do you want or need? Is it important to you for the car to have memory for the seat and outside mirrors? Do you need a telescoping steering wheel? What about Head-Up display? What about front view cameras (to see sidewalks or parking bumpers so you do not risk crushing the front nose)? Figure out what you need/want, and then see which trim level is required to obtain that feature.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Your post says you are interested in a C7. And this is the Stingray forum so we are assueming you are in the market for a Stingray. If you venture into the world of C7 Grand Sport or C7 Z06 you will want to research wheel issues and inspect those of the one you buy. That is my understanding as all I know is what I hav read. If you buy an automatic understand the transmission fluid issue as it relates to torque converter. If you buy a Z51 or other model with dry sump check out the history of oil over filling. If you buy a Z51 be ready for the "ackerman effect". I think those are some of the highlights that come up a lot. You should find plenty about all on this forum.

I went with the 2LT package on the Stingray with the Z51 option. Only thing I wish I had if I did it again is magnetic ride.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
It looks great Wccfly. Worth the wait! :cool:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Congrats on your purchase Wccfly and welcome to the forum. Great color choice. I've always liked the arctic white. I've had mine almost 4 years and it has probably been in Eco a total of 3 minutes :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Fireeagle
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing