Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Corvette LS3 Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Scott I’m new to the site.. I just purchased my 1st Vette 2 days ago. I have a 2008 LS3 Coupe.. My question is, is it a Z51 or what..? It is fully loaded. Glove box paper says LS3 & Engine, but it has the Slotted Rotars, Chrome wheels, HUD, Selection Performance. Pictures attached..
Any help appreciate

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
2,056 Posts
The most obvious by just looking at the car would be the drilled rotors, non-Z51 have 'normal' smooth surface rotors while Z51's are drilled. Z51 wouldn't be a part of the VIN, but any GM dealer would be able to look up the RPO codes.

Also try calling the Chevy dealership parts department and ask the clerk if you give them vin number can they tell you if it’s a Z51 or not as you need to know and get part number and ask how much for rotors for your vin so you’re kind going through the back door to get info.

·
Registered
2008 Corvette LS3 Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave them the vin, they didn’t really want to help since I didn’t buy from them.. lol They did a vin look up, handed me some printed pages, said everything should be on there..It Doesn’t say.. Engine says LS3

·
Super Moderator
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
2,056 Posts
I’m surprised that if you call a parts department and tell them you need to replace rotors and want a price, they then should ask what type of car, then they should ask is it a Z51, I then would say I don’t know I bought it used, they should ask do you have vin number, you then provide and finally they tell you which rotors you need based on Z51 or non Z51. Are your rotors smooth or do they have drilled holes or slots and that would be pretty accurate as it’s rare that someone would swap rotors on a non Z51. I would call a Chevrolet Dealer parts department that sells a lot of Corvettes. Do you have picture of your rotors that’s on the car?

lastly, go to the online parts sites where the ask for your vin number to determine if parts are for your car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcom Scott. I think you have three options to be sure rather than trust the always helpful Mr. Goodwrench team. 1. I would start by searching out my RPO decal. I think it is in the glove box door on your model. I am not sure if is white or silver but you will know it when you see it. You should have all of the Z51 items listed on it and, I am not sure but I think, even the "Z51" RPO code. 2. Go to the national corvette museum website and pay the $50ish bucks to get a reproduction of your window sticker. 3. The window sticker is easy to read and should be clear about the existence of the option. I would spend a bit extra to also get the build sheet which you can then cross reference to your RPO list on that previously mentioned decal.

Use this link to order window sticker and or build sheet.

Build Sheets & Window Stickers - National Corvette Museum

PS. I have always liked the jeweled GM emblem on the rear quarter panels near the end of the doors on those models. I don't know why. I think because it is a differentiator and I like the one-offs from model to model.

·
Administrator
17,418 Posts
Thanks Kyle, in my look up of the RPO codes I came to the same conclusion.

Reactions: Ucadam

·
Banned
1 Posts
My name is Scott I’m new to the site.. I just purchased my 1st Vette 2 days ago. I have a 2008 LS3 Coupe.. My question is, is it a Z51 or what..? It is fully loaded. Glove box paper says LS3 & Engine, but it has the Slotted Rotars, Chrome wheels, HUD, Selection Performance. Pictures attached..
Any help appreciate
So cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Corvette LS3 Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is on the Sticker in the Glove Box,
Font Tints and shades Automotive tire Rectangle Publication
Top right)
[table]
[TR]
[TD]1YY07[/TD]
[TD]Indy 500 Pace Convertible (Z4Z)[/TD]
[TD]234[/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

·
Registered
2008 Corvette LS3 Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RPO- Top right shows this code 1YY07- is a Indy 500 Pace Convertible, this car is definitely a Coupe not a convertible. Any ideas. Its clearly a C6.. but

1 - 20 of 29 Posts