Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received a ghost-painted set of Oracle Sidemarker lights today. The markers are color-matched to the car, and the lights are only visible when turned on. The color match is nearly perfect, and the lights are brighter than stock.

The install was a simple DIY, but getting the 15T screws out of the rear wheel well was a pain. It would have taken less than 15 minutes to replace all four lights, if not for lack of space between the wheel well and tire to get out those darn screws. It was much easier on the front set, because I could turn the wheels inward to give myself more room for the torx screw driver.
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528774.426342.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528791.589293.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528803.917972.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528825.658534.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528843.832030.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528863.143555.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528879.859421.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528894.535427.jpg
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1519528905.061085.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,305 Posts
That looks very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Scott, I will be interested to see these the next time we meet up. I had the Showstoppers on my Black C7. These are at a more attractive price point.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Scott, I like how well they blend in (hidden) during the day on your C7 Masterpiece and you can still maintain the safety factor at night. Excellent mod!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
674 Posts
Those look great Scott! Someone once told me that those non amber side markers might not pass TX state inspection. Do you know if there is any truth to that?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Looks great and I can't wait to see them in person.....like next weekend maybe since all the rain is done? :semi-twins:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I've thought about getting those. They really do look great.

Oracle's website, however, is a hot mess. Trying to find anything and figure out what you're looking at is impossible. Where did you order yours from, and what was the cost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those look great Scott! Someone once told me that those non amber side markers might not pass TX state inspection. Do you know if there is any truth to that?
Thanks Doug. Honestly, I never even thought of that. I sure hope not. However, I kept the old reflectors and will just switch them out temporarily, if they don’t pass.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've thought about getting those. They really do look great.

Oracle's website, however, is a hot mess. Trying to find anything and figure out what you're looking at is impossible. Where did you order yours from, and what was the cost?

Thanks.
Thank you. Sent you a PM with the details.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks Doug. Honestly, I never even thought of that. I sure hope not. However, I kept the old reflectors and will just switch them out temporarily, if they don’t pass.
So after digging around on the internet.. and we all know how the internet never lies :nevreness: ;)... it appears that once the reflector lights up as amber it should be "legal", and it doesn't matter what color the lens is... FWIW...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
So after digging around on the internet.. and we all know how the internet never lies :nevreness: ;)... it appears that once the reflector lights up as amber it should be "legal", and it doesn't matter what color the lens is... FWIW...
As far as lights go, I'm sure they're legal. But I think they are required to be reflectors, too, and once they're painted they probably don't reflect at all. Not something I suspect will cause you a lot of problems, though. When I pull into my inspection station the lights come on, and so do the side markers, so the inspector probably won't even notice they don't reflect. If they do, put the stock ones in for inspection, then swap the Oracle lights back after.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have these in AW on my beauty and love the clean look they create, how clean is your fit?

When I got my first set the variance in thickness was up 1.2mm from top to bottom making them look horrible on the car as they cast a shadow in sun light. I had to send back 2 sets to Oracle until I finally got a set that actually look like a Monday morning build. ;)

And still my left back marker clicks in nicely both top and bottom yet in the middle it ‘sticks’ out significantly more than the factory marker did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have these in AW on my beauty and love the clean look they create, how clean is your fit?

When I got my first set the variance in thickness was up 1.2mm from top to bottom making them look horrible on the car as they cast a shadow in sun light. I had to send back 2 sets to Oracle until I finally got a set that actually look like a Monday morning build. ;)

And still my left back marker clicks in nicely both top and bottom yet in the middle it ‘sticks’ out significantly more than the factory marker did.

I agree, Sauraus. That is the only disappointing thing. They aren’t completely flush with the car panels. Some areas are, and other areas aren’t.

I was willing to live with it because I like the overall look better, but you say they fixed and replaced that for you?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree, Sauraus. That is the only disappointing thing. They aren’t completely flush with the car panels. Some areas are, and other areas aren’t.

I was willing to live with it because I like the overall look better, but you say they fixed and replaced that for you?
I am the same as you, I liked the look much more than the stock and thus I am living with it, but these are defitnitely not a 100% fit.

They fixed it to a ‘degree’, I had to take out my scale caliper and take pictures showing them just how much off a variance in thickness there was on each side marker. Send back this batch and hope the new batch that I got was better, after 3 returns I kind of gave up and accepted a variance of .5mm.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Interesting. Not sure I'm willing to pay that much money for something that doesn't fit right.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts