Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
May just get the clear type as it will blend in with the arctic white. Just put the new hood scoop white piece in looks good.
thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
The side marker lights look outstanding. I'd be interested in knowing how they fit. I bought a set about a year and a half ago. After having them painted and installed them the lights didn't fit very well. I took them off and installed the clear lens. Did Oracle fix that problem? The outside of the light should be nice and flush with the body.
I ordered a set of Torch Red ghosted from Oracle directly for my 2018 Z06. After installing I noticed that there was a bad fitment issue to the extent that the new lights do not sit flush with the fenders like the OEM lights. The passenger side rear was the worst and that one won't even clip in solidly. I can pull it out with my hand from the outside. After contacting Oracle directly about this issue and requesting a refund for poor product quality I was told there is no refund for custom painted parts. I complained more and this was their response:

"Thank you for your reply. While I understand your concern please note that the lenses on the side-markers need to be raised higher than the OEM units in order to compensate for the inner components (I.e; circuitboards, LEDs, etc). This is for reasons mostly to do with heat, as excess heat decreases the lifespan of an LED dramatically, and the only way to decrease that possibility in an enclosed unit is airspace.

In regards to the clips, these do not need to be shaved down. However, it has been known for the paint process to add an additional few millimeters of thickness to them, which would make them a bit tighter to fit. Excessive force should not put placed on the unit and the shaving down is the correct process as you did.

The fitment of the sidemarkers that you have described is in fact the correct fitment of this product. A return for refund will not be eligible on this purchase."

I never mentioned anything about shaving down the parts so they must have me mixed up with another unsatisfied customer. If good fitment is something you value I would not recommend buying anything from Oracle. I am out $550 bucks but I can certainly warn others. Buyer beware!

·
Administrator
15,122 Posts
Thanks for the update and details Meister. That isn't the type of customer service I would like to experience! Unfortunate indeed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I never mentioned anything about shaving down the parts so they must have me mixed up with another unsatisfied customer. If good fitment is something you value I would not recommend buying anything from Oracle. I am out $550 bucks but I can certainly warn others. Buyer beware!
Sounds like my experience although Oracle did send me a couple of replacement side markers as I meassured them all up and had varrying thickness on them, at the end I just gave up and now I have to say I don’t see it unless I take a close look. Still not happy and won’t buy Oracle every again.

PS. Have you tried contacting your CC provider? Might be possible to have them to get you a refund because the vendor mislead you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Sounds like my experience although Oracle did send me a couple of replacement side markers as I meassured them all up and had varrying thickness on them, at the end I just gave up and now I have to say I don’t see it unless I take a close look. Still not happy and won’t buy Oracle every again.

PS. Have you tried contacting your CC provider? Might be possible to have them to get you a refund because the vendor mislead you.

The fit is horrible. I purchased these and 2 of the 4 would not snap into the clip. I contacted them and their response was to watch the video on their website on how to install them. The spec’s on their clips were off by about a sixteenth of an inch. Sent them back for a refund.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The fit is horrible. I purchased these and 2 of the 4 would not snap into the clip. I contacted them and their response was to watch the video on their website on how to install them. The spec’s on their clips were off by about a sixteenth of an inch. Sent them back for a refund.

Were yours painted? They said no refund on "custom painted" parts for me. I've tried most everything I know - including filing a complaint with BBB. Got them talking but no remedy for me. Still hoping there will be some retribution.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Were yours painted? They said no refund on "custom painted" parts for me. I've tried most everything I know - including filing a complaint with BBB. Got them talking but no remedy for me. Still hoping there will be some retribution.
Mine are/were painted and they sent me several replacements.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Just wondering how have they held up? My experience with these led devices is not good. They look absolutely awesome, but the led’s start to randomly malfunction 9 to 12 months down the road. I went thru two sets with my 2016 Camarillo SS. Having second thoughts about even trying it out on the vette. Before the 2016 SS, I also had a 2012 RS, same issue twice. Replaced as well.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts