1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The constraint was expected when I read a comment about the uptake on Z51 being higher than they expected but I don't see the price going up. Pricing is set on a cost accounting basis and honestly, if they sell more of an option than forecast it usually lowers the COGS for that option. Honestly, if they had priced the Stingray at what the market would bear it would have started out a whole lot more than $51K base.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The constraint was expected when I read a comment about the uptake on Z51 being higher than they expected but I don't see the price going up. Pricing is set on a cost accounting basis and honestly, if they sell more of an option than forecast it usually lowers the COGS for that option. Honestly, if they had priced the Stingray at what the market would bear it would have started out a whole lot more than $51K base.
sorry in re reading, I should not have said "soon" - I think for 2015 it will rise...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I didin't order the Z51 and my order is stuck at 3000. Ricks blog said there were 48 Z51 in inventory. If they can't build Z51s and can't seem to get mine moving forward, what are they building? Just saw a post from a guy in AZ who ordered a month ago and has his car. I'm trying to be cool and patient but I just don't get it.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
sorry in re reading, I should not have said "soon" - I think for 2015 it will rise...
On that I can agree, they will probably re-jigger the base vs. optional components as well. I could see a new Z51 package including Magride and possibly Sport Exhaust and the base options being changed. The net being an LT1 Z51 (base Z51) costing more but including items that are optional now. Honestly, you never know until they roll out the new order guides.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I didin't order the Z51 and my order is stuck at 3000. Ricks blog said there were 48 Z51 in inventory. If they can't build Z51s and can't seem to get mine moving forward, what are they building? Just saw a post from a guy in AZ who ordered a month ago and has his car. I'm trying to be cool and patient but I just don't get it.
Production scheduling includes things like color as well as options. Just guessing, it's honestly impossible to figure out unless you have access to the production scheduling system.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No I don't have my car yet, however it was built yesterday 9/25. Super fast in my opinion

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
set up a signature here with what you have on order then we can answer you without always asking what you are ordering....

·
Registered
429 Posts
set up a signature here with what you have on order then we can answer you without always asking what you are ordering....
Sorry to say I don't know what a "signature" is but my order is:

Crystal red coupe with Khalari
Auto
LT2
Nav
Carbon Roof
Exhaust
Chrome wheels

Any insight is most appreciated.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to say I don't know what a "signature" is but my order is:

Crystal red coupe with Khalari
Auto
LT2
Nav
Carbon Roof
Exhaust
Chrome wheels

Any insight is most appreciated.
go to top right corner for forum - choose settings - edit signature - type in what you ordered - now it will be in every post like mine here: -

your carbon roof is slowing you down

·
Registered
429 Posts
your carbon roof is slowing you down
One would think the dealer gets some sort of report/notice from production indicating orders that are constrained.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe I saw on a earlier thread that 75% of orders are Z51... They are going to have to fix this quick. Z51 is incredible value for the money for $2800 its a no brainer if you bought a non Z51 it will cost you that much just to replace the wheels and tires!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Ugh!!!! Nooooooo
The constraint is supposed to be on ordering, not production. They are supposed to have enough parts in the pipeline to build the Z51's on order. The constraint allows them to take orders and build non Z51 cars while their suppliers catch up. I suspect the drop in status on accepted Z51 orders is most likely their system rescheduling the production over the next 2 or 3 weeks to maximize the parts on hand.

At least that's how I understand their production scheduling systems.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The constraint is supposed to be on ordering, not production. They are supposed to have enough parts in the pipeline to build the Z51's on order. The constraint allows them to take orders and build non Z51 cars while their suppliers catch up. I suspect the drop in status on accepted Z51 orders is most likely their system rescheduling the production over the next 2 or 3 weeks to maximize the parts on hand.

My order is still at the dealer and hasn't been summited yet. The order should be entered in any day now though, my order was next in line.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My order is still at the dealer and hasn't been summited yet. The order should be entered in any day now though, my order was next in line.
then you are in recess for a month...and just totally my opin, I think it'll slow >3000 orders too....

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
then you are in recess for a month...and just totally my opin, I think it'll slow 3000 orders too....
I agree, I think they want to get through some of the non Z51 parts stacking up at the suppliers to clear their preliminary inventory while they re-prioritize their parts logistics. That's a fancy way of saying Z51 production will be slowed.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I hope your right. My order is currently at 3400 - broadcast with NO production date (which of course scares me as it is a Z51) .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts