Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brandon Johnson here from New Orleans, La. After working on a countless new C7 stingrays here at my shop (Express Auto Salon | Auto Detailing, Paint Protection Film, XPEL, Clear Bra, Window Tinting, New Orleans, Kenner, Metaire,) . I decided to place a order myself, I left instructions with the dealership of how I wanted the car. I requested the car still have the shipping bag over it when I arrived to take position of the car. We have big plans for the car here at the shop. I hope to become a sponsor here on the forums and help contribute as much as I can.

Immediate plans for the car

Wet sand entire car (to remove orange peel)
Polish the paint to perfection
Wrap entire car with our XPEL Ultimate Protection film
Coat entire car with exclusive C-Quartz Finest Coating
Cover windshield with ClearPlex
Still Debating Window film percentage.
Replace Brake pads

We have a long ongoing list as well as some renders of what we want the car to look like but above is some of the most important things for us to knock out within the next 2-3weeks. Not to mention now I can drive the car with the list of above options without having to worry about rocks or normal road debris. We will be also making a professional video and documenting the entire process so stay tuned.

75975_10201500045119216_1392510274_n.jpg 1979523_10151919029156555_1802485784_n.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why would you do both???? See redundant

·
Registered
10,600 Posts

I understand why they would do both, but I thought it would be done in the other order: coat first, then wrap. Brandon, which should go on first, the coat or the wrap? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Simple answer would be do you prefer 6 coats of clear or 2 coats of clear on your vehicle.

The XPEL Ultimate is a self healing film that is extremely durable and has more protection than any coating on the market.

C-Quartz Finest is a coating that does a number of things and in this combination you would be beneficiating from the following specifications.

UV Protection – Offers strong protection against man-made and environmental hazards cleaning properties (help prolong the life of you PPF)

Water-Spot Resistance Finish – New Organic Hybrid Silanes offer substantially improved slickness, dirt and oil repellency (Leading to a self-cleaning effect when rinsed or after a rain.), as well as resistance to mineral-spotting due to hard water over conventional nano-coatings (help prolong the life of your PPF as well as making cleaning your vehicle easier quicker and keeping them cleaner longer.)

Richer, Glossier Appearance – Yields a rich, glassy finish, with measurably enhanced levels of gloss and reflectivity that lasts year after year.

Increased Hydrophobicity– Sophisticated 3D Nano Structure offers immense water beading and sheeting characteristics, with a Contact Angle of 100-110°, and a Sliding Angle of just 15-25°.

I understand why they would do both, but I thought it would be done in the other order: coat first, then wrap. Brandon, which should go on first, the coat or the wrap? Thanks!
Clear bra's biggest enemies are things like UV and not properly being maintained. XPEL Ultimate has a 10 year warranty which is one of the best on the market so unlike traditional films that only carry a warranty of 3-5 years XPEL is already way ahead of the competition. We have been asked this question many times the coating goes on top of the bra. The coating is truly a LSP just like a wax LSP meaning Last Step Process. In the end C-Quartz or whatever you use is a protective coating, wax and or sealant its made to help keep the car protected from UV rays, contaminants etc.

Now I highly recommend your paint being absolutely perfect before the Clear Bra/PPF is applied as you are locking in that finish. We have seen to many times the film being applied to the car prior to a proper paint correction.

Doesn't the clear protective film have orange peel. Seems like you would be going backwards?
Depends on what brand protective film you are using. XPEL Ultimate properly installed has little to no orange peel.

Here is a picture this of a current C7 we are working on that the fender has been protected and door has not you can see now difference in addition of orange peel its consistent. If the bra was adding orange peel you would see the difference. I will also get a shot of a car with no orange peel with the film added.

10000211_10151920713451555_1730542894_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the results!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
BJohnson, Welcome aboard, how long will it take to complete a C7!

SF
Rick

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BJohnson, Welcome aboard, how long will it take to complete a C7!

SF
Rick
Between 2-4weeks depending on our work load. Here is one of the few 2014 F12 Berlinetta's in the country we just finished the full XPEL Paint Protection wrap on. Than the addition of the C-Quartz Finest on top of the PPF. This is vehicle number 3 we have performed a package like this for this particular client. With the addition of Coating the wheels, alcantara , carbon fiber and leather interior.

1779770_833311330027616_888327938_n.jpg

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Brandon, what do you do with the XPEL around the badges for a full XPEL wrap? Do you go over the badges too, cut the XPEL to match the badge boundary, or remove the badge, apply the XPEL, and then reapply the badge?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brandon, what do you do with the XPEL around the badges for a full XPEL wrap? Do you go over the badges too, cut the XPEL to match the badge boundary, or remove the badge, apply the XPEL, and then reapply the badge?
We carefully remove all badges and replace them with new factory badges. We even had to remove the bumper on the F12 to get the horse off the bumper.

1656362_10151922367251555_372740136_n.jpg 1911808_10151922367296555_826538256_n.jpg 1653826_10151922372906555_1216834037_n.jpg 1506817_10151922377641555_2070586383_n.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts