Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Thanks for adding me to the forum. Two days ago I purchased my first Corvette, a white, 2019 1LT, I have a lot to learn, so please bear with me.
I am in the East Central Florida area just south of Daytona Beach, so I would like to meet any local owners.

Steve Kowalcky

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
Welcome to our forum Steve and congrats on your C7!

Reactions: Julie 3

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Welcome to this forum. I am sure that as a "new to Corvette" owner, you feel that there are a lot of exciting things to learn. Guaranteed...you will have fun. You came to the right place to ask questions. This friendly group can give a lot of first hand knowledgeable answers to all questions and concerns - big and small. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Feel free to post a picture of your new C7 sometime.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
190 Posts
Not too "local" to ya but not a world away either. Just south of Venice. Congrats on the new ride and my condolences! Now.... you're hooked! lol They are great cars!! Most folks don't realize!

This thread is useless without pictures. ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
What ever you do....don't push that button.

;):D:D:D:D:D

Nah welcome. Mine is my first Corvette also. The first time I ever even drove a Vette was the day I picked it up. So I know your feeling. Enjoy.....and drive it.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
190 Posts
I'm on my 4th (and last). They never get old. But can't see me ever buying a C8.... they're all automagics..... for me personally? BLEECH!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
kbmwgt, I had never drove one either before the test drive, actually I only sat in one before this one, did not take long to sell me on it, but with all the tech gadgets it has the learning curve is pretty steep for an old guy. I am desperately looking for a non-invasive way to mount a forward looking camera and monitor that I can stash in the cubby behind the infotainment screen. Hoping to be able to do it with a WIFI camera and an old iPhone I do not use anymore.

Here is a quick shot.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Maybe this will help. The exact kit I purchased doesn't seem to be available anymore, but the WiFi module is available on ebay, as are CMOS cameras.

Reactions: Steam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe this will help. The exact kit I purchased doesn't seem to be available anymore, but the WiFi module is available on ebay, as are CMOS cameras.
Thanks, I have seen that post, I just ordered a cheap and cheerful 1" cube camera that is WIFI enabled, I plan to experiment with that and my old iPhone, if it works I plan to leave it stashed in the cubby behind the info screen and then just open the cubby up when I am parking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm on my 4th (and last). They never get old. But can't see me ever buying a C8.... they're all automagics..... for me personally? BLEECH!!!!!!
I agree, front engine rear drivetrain, and the manual. Anything else is just transportation!
Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, Thanks for adding me to the forum. Two days ago I purchased my first Corvette, a white, 2019 1LT, I have a lot to learn, so please bear with me.
I am in the East Central Florida area just south of Daytona Beach, so I would like to meet any local owners.

Steve Kowalcky
Hello you aren’t alone! My Guy just purchased a 2020 Stingray Z51 White Coupe 💗 He has had several Corvettes!!
Boy this One is totally Awesome!
Lots to learn too!
Congratulations

·
Registered
7 Posts

Steve Kowalcky
Join a Corvette Club in your area.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats on the Vette. Looks great. I was over on the east side of the state (Spring Hill) last week, drove back home to Michigan on Sunday.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Stingray convertible Z51 3LT Torch Red/black int.
17 Posts
I purchased my first Corvette last November; 2014 Z51 3LT Convertible. I love this car! My best advice for you is to sit in the car with the engine running and dig into the Owner's Manuals, all 3 of 'em; it may take hours to do it but, trust me, it is worth every minute of it! You WILL be amazed by the things your car can do. I tell the non-initiated that it is a freaking space ship.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Steve Kowalcky
Congratulations on your C7 and welcome to the forum. I was a first time owner in 2018 after buying a 2015 Z51 7M 1LT. I really didn't know what I had purchased but through all the friendly members of this forum they answered so many questions and pointed me in the right direction and I learned so much. This forum also pointed me to the Corvette Club I joined and right there is a lot of information and fellowship. Enjoy your C7!

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome and great ideas, looking forward to gaining knowledge about this great machine.
Steve K

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes let me also offer a welcome and congratulations on your new C7. But are you really an M61 Vulcan mechanic? Great piece of equipment. On what planes? I love the GAU on the A10--saw one at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio on a Corvette club trip a couple years ago; very impressive. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your Corvette. --Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes let me also offer a welcome and congratulations on your new C7. But are you really an M61 Vulcan mechanic? Great piece of equipment. On what planes? I love the GAU on the A10--saw one at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio on a Corvette club trip a couple years ago; very impressive. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your Corvette. --Bob
Thanks and yes I was a Gun Plumber in the Air Force on F-4E and F-15 C and D, a few years after I got out I landed a job with the now defunct McDonnell Douglas on their Peace Sun program in Saudi Arabia, spent another 4.5 years working on the guns on the F-15s. You are correct very amazing piece of hardware and I am also very impressed by the Gau-8 on the A-10. I spent about 9 hours in the museum in Dayton and still did not see everything, I need to go back next time I up that way. If you ever get to the panhandle in Florida, stop in at Niceville and tour the Air Force armament museum, a bit on the small side , but very impressive none the less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts