Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

My husband and I are planning on ordering our Stingray in the Fall and HOPE to be able to do a buyer's tour in Kentucky in November.
:D

When someone said 'Timing is Everything', we never knew how true that was until we started researching the darn complex ordering stuff of this car! Our work schedules make it challenging for us to drop everything and run off to Bowling Green most months of the year, so we're hoping those stars align for us in November.

Because of the timing, we are pretty sure we're ordering from MacMulkin, even though we live near San Francisco.

We have been in love with the car since the first photos we saw, and went out of our way to go view some in person at multiple events last year. We even just did a 48-hour rental of one for my husband's birthday last weekend in Phoenix. Totally loved it!

When my husband and I met, he had a 1995 Camaro Z28 and we did a few Chevy drives and we loved the camaraderie of those. So, we're really looking forward to having a Stingray in future years and meeting other owners and doing some fun drives (with and without other enthusiasts).

Cheers,

Suzy

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Suzy, from a Bay Area neighbor!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome Suzy from another Bay Area native.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
18,669 Posts
Welcome Suzy. Sounds like you have a good plan for you! Our favorites times are getting into our Corvette and doing long road trips. Next one: This August's National Corvette Caravan!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Suzy, my son and I did the buyers tour last week. It was one of the best experiences of our life and highly recommend it. At the end of the line we were invited to get in the car and my son and I pushed the stat button for the first time... She sounded fantastic! To top it off they handed me the custom console plate with my name and vin number and asked me to install it... Can't wait to get the photo album we ordered with the tour. I feel like the tour is a bargain at twice the price.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Suzy, my son and I did the buyers tour last week. It was one of the best experiences of our life and highly recommend it. At the end of the line we were invited to get in the car and my son and I pushed the stat button for the first time... She sounded fantastic! To top it off they handed me the custom console plate with my name and vin number and asked me to install it... Can't wait to get the photo album we ordered with the tour. I feel like the tour is a bargain at twice the price.
I relate to my wife the stories I read about museum delivery and she just rolls her eyes at me. I think it sounds like a great idea to do. So congrats to you Scott and your son and t I Suzy for planning one, I will have to settle with living vicariously through what is posted on the forum!

Reactions: VetteGirl

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Welcome to our forum Suzy Cruisy!:cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I relate to my wife the stories I read about museum delivery and she just rolls her eyes at me. I think it sounds like a great idea to do. So congrats to you Scott and your son and t I Suzy for planning one, I will have to settle with living vicariously through what is posted on the forum!
So, you gotta know that I really wanted to do the Museum Delivery and drive the car back to CA from KY. I even went so far as planning the road trip on parts of Route 66. But my hubby just refused. He was worried the paint would get chipped or something enroute while it was new (sounds like an excuse to me). No amount of talking on my part worked. We scrapped that with a heavy heart by me.

A tiny bit later on we learned of the buyer's tour, and decided that would work for us. I'm a little confused about how long it is. Maybe Scott could add a comment? The car takes multiple days to build, and I know we won't be standing in the plant for multiple days watching it (although I think you could). We want to be sure we're there towards the end parts and the middle where the chassis meets the body.

November is a long way off, so I am hoping to be very well educated before that time comes!

Cheers,
Suzy

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
So, you gotta know that I really wanted to do the Museum Delivery and drive the car back to CA from KY. I even went so far as planning the road trip on parts of Route 66. But my hubby just refused. He was worried the paint would get chipped or something enroute while it was new (sounds like an excuse to me).
For others who might be considering the cross country drive from the NCM FWIW when I did it from BG to Vegas including parts of Route 66, I only picked up one rock chip to the body and one low down on the front bumper. Absolutely worth the easy repair compared to the fantastic time I had with the Museum delivery. Recommend it without hesitation. :cool:

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Suzy, I think the museum offers Xpel wrappings for the car (see xpel.com). That offers protection against rock chips as long as the rocks do not penetrate through the protective layer. It is something to look into just in case your husband is amenable to that.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Suzy, I think the museum offers Xpel wrappings for the car (see xpel.com). That offers protection against rock chips as long as the rocks do not penetrate through the protective layer. It is something to look into just in case your husband is amenable to that.
He wasn't. :( It was probably more than just that excuse. Maybe he just really didn't want the drive either.

I am happy about the buyer's tour idea though, so we're good!

Cheers,
Suzy

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Suzy, welcome aboard, it reads like you and your husband have a great plan of attack ordering and visiting the blue grass state to pick up your C7! I purchased my C7 through MacMulkin Chevrolet, NH, and I dealt with Mr. Tommy Thompson Jr. Everything went great from start to finish.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mailing the deposit to Tommy today!

Suzy

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts