Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the forum and excited that I may be ordering a Stingray soon and hope to pick it up at the museum. I have been getting a feeling that I might expect to pay MSRP. Is it true the dealer doesn't have any wiggle room? I love to play the haggle game. Would be a shame to have to roll over on this one.

Anyone care to share if they paid MSRP? More?...Less?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
It is not true that the dealer has no wiggle room. They may not be willing to negotiate, and you might have to walk, but they do have wiggle room if they so choose. They have lots of wiggle room.

You may wish to search this site for information about GM supplier discounts, or, if you do not qualify for that, look for discounts for credit union members. Then search for dealerships which take such discounts.

You can save many, many, many, many... thousands easily.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
By the way, it seems that Mike at Criswell does accept the GM supplier discount. See this thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...5-dealers-z51-allocations-north-east-u-s.html

I am not sure if he offers a credit union discount or not, but it can't hurt to call him and ask. I don't know him other than reading some of his posts here on the forum, but he sure does seem like a nice guy. What would a telephone call hurt?

By the way, he can ship nationwide, or courtesy delivery to some select dealerships, possibly in your area, or easily get a museum delivery for you.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I have made contact with four dealers in the area already. Can't wait to start wheeling and dealing :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Join a Credit Union that offers GM discounts. I joined one this week and already have my authorization number for a GM supplier discount. I am going to save about 7K off the MSRP.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don't you have to work for a company that supplies parts to GM to get a supplier discount?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Don't you have to work for a company that supplies parts to GM to get a supplier discount?
No, the credit union discount is the same as the supplier discount. All you have to do is join a credit union with an agreement with GM, which is just about all of them. go to mygmdiscount.com for all details.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I do work for a company which is a GM supplier. I qualify.

He may or may not qualify. That is why I wrote, "if you do not qualify for that..." At any rate, I wanted to mention it just in case he works somewhere which qualifies.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just put in my zip code on mygmdiscount and it says the discount for a 2014 Z51 stingray is $ 0. Lame. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I just put in my zip code on mygmdiscount and it says the discount for a 2014 Z51 stingray is $ 0. Lame. :)
You didn't go far enough. The discount that applies to everybody is zero. To find your supplier/credit card discount, you have to build out a car on the web site. It typically runs about 9% on a 2015 z51 convertible.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So I built my 2015 Stingray on the website & it said the total MSRP was $ 74,950 and the supplier price was $ 68,045. There was not a place to add my machined aluminum wheels. Not sure how you can get a "code" or whatever for the dealer to see. Do I have to join a credit union first?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Since, when you go to your dealer, you will need both an authorization number and proof of your membership in that credit union, you might as well join one first. I joined a credit union in my area, and the minimum opening deposit was $25. I was feeling rich, and opened my account with $100

And you are correct, the wheel options and racing stripe options seem to have disappeared from the build site. Perhaps the site is being updated.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got it. I was going to join Pen Fed which has a relationship with the American Medical Association. How can I obtain an authorization number?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
On the mygmdiscount page, under the drop down menu "details", select FAQs and Program overview. It will answer these kinds of questions.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Awesome thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Here's the supplier price quote on my car, base coupe with 3 options: Crystal Red Paint / Navi / Performance Exhaust
Supplier price 2014 C7 no names.jpg shadow pic w text.jpg

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
regguy1 - i hate to be obtuse here (but i guess i will!) Can you please explain the exact process? Find a credit union that has GM supplier pricing as a benefit? Then what - price out the car with the credit union and take it to the dealer? Or go to the dealer and say that i belong to xyz credit union? Can you belong to a local credit union and call a national dealer to get supplier pricing?

BTW - nice deal on your beautiful ride ;)

Reactions: regguy1

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
OK - perhaps a little less obtuse now after toying with the website a bit and locating a local credit union i could qualify for... I see where you can build your car to get an idea on pricing... as you show above. I also see where you request a an authorization number... So what happens next? Do you take the build sheet and the auth number to the dealer? Or just the authorization to get your base discount? I ask because i don't see all the options listed and if there is a car on the lot with different options is that also open to the supplier pricing? Sorry for all the inquiries - i think i am getting close to how it works. Certainly seems worth it to save 3-4K off MSRP... Thanks.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The discounts are on options as well as the base price. For example, if you add an option that costs $1795, your total price will go up by less than $1795. If you read the FAQ under drop down menu "Details", you will see that you have to bring a drivers license, proof of Credit Union membership, and your authorization number. And bring this before you start the purchase process, not after you negotiate a deal. It is an alternate pricing method to your normal negotiate and haggle. I don't know why all the options are not on the site at this time. Maybe they are changing it around. Wheels and racing stripes used to be there. You should save more like 9%, roughly, off of MSRP. For example, I am pricing out a car that comes out to about $75K MSRP,, but has a supplier discount price of around $68.3K When you build a car on the site, the last page is a "summary" page of your selections. I would definitely print that out and bring it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
As of now, the wheels and racing stripes options are back up on the build site. On the "exterior" page.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts