Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Saturday, Linerboy, Ateupjoe, and I got together to install Ateupjoe’s racing harness bar in his Grand Sport, in preparation for his Big Bend Road Race later this month.

While we were together, we also installed ACS diffusers on my Stingray. I decided on the single vs double diffusers, and am pleased with the final product.

Here is the “Before” photo:

08BE2A30-2023-4EE1-9765-7E20A7EFFF82.jpeg

The install was pretty straightforward. We started by removing the 7mm screws holding the bottom of the bumper to the car:

44ADD9C5-567C-43C9-AA53-52BCE794963B.jpeg

After trimming the paper templates, we taped them to to the bumper:

3700927F-F8A4-414F-9629-FC983A12012F.jpeg
6D0E9588-E30B-4E62-A2F8-EC8211782D52.jpeg

We then drilled an 1/8” hole through the marked spots in the template, and followed up by expanding the opening with a 1/4” bit:

B7AA4CCF-A25B-4F4F-8C6A-FB8B37A705E2.jpeg
076C8FE3-5F4C-4B40-BF6F-AAB2E897947F.jpeg
0392AE53-6B0F-475D-828E-0C687E6DAF18.jpeg

The last step is the hardest - threading the 7mm screws through the backside of the bumper and screwing them into the provided holes in the back of the diffuser. There are 3 screws for each diffuser. Arm room is a big challenge, and Ateupjoe was the skill guy on this critical step. We started with the passenger side, and the driver’s side went much faster.

CFC572EF-6B39-4425-A909-B112ADBE32AE.jpeg
50901FDA-A9BC-4778-B8A6-04A5E3816A8A.jpeg

And here is the finished product. The fit and finish are OEM quality, and the carbon flash paint match is perfect.

026477EE-3087-428A-9E69-1CC3288CB320.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,095 Posts
I like the clean look of the finished job! Well done, though still not sure how you/Ateupjoe managed to tighten the screws without removing the bumper. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the clean look of the finished job! Well done, though still not sure how you/Ateupjoe managed to tighten the screws without removing the bumper. :eek:nthego:
Thanks Jeff. It definitely requires snaking your arm up behind the bumper, and feeing your way around. It’s a two-person job for sure.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Ah yes, the Texas trio. Looks great Scott but no photos with Bryan and Chip? :playful:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes, the Texas trio. Looks great Scott but no photos with Bryan and Chip? :playful:
Bryan surprised me with the photo documentation. As we were doing the install, I had no idea he was taking photos. I must have been too engaged in the install process. :subdued:

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Paul, I helped with Bryan’s Race harness install, but had to scoot after we finished that little project. But the Texas Trio is still working on projects together. I am up next with a ACS Areo package. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul, I helped with Bryan’s Race harness install, but had to scoot after we finished that little project. But the Texas Trio is still working on projects together. I am up next with a ACS Areo package. Stay tuned...
These guys are good friends, and we’re always willing to help each other on a project or install. We always learn so much together, and have a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
The other great thing on getting together on Saturday, Is Scott and I got refills on Bryan and Bonnie’s hot sauce!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Okay I'll supply my own photo:
20180519_160856.jpg

Three great guys; Scott, Bryan and Chip. I'm glad we met at Norm's last May.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The other great thing on getting together on Saturday, Is Scott and I got refills on Bryan and Bonnie’s hot sauce!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bonnie and Bryon’s hot sauce is what kept us going this winter.
Sunday morning Texas chili �� omelet!!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Henry427 said:
Three great guys; Scott, Bryan and Chip. I'm glad we met at Norm's last May.
DITTO Paul!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wishwish I had a group of guys like that here in Orlando/Maitland that we could get together and do things with our C7
Bill,

Our group just started with a DFW-area get together lunch one month. Several of us wanted to meet again and we just organized them monthly. In time, those meet-ups led to cruises, car shows, and even a 3,600 mile caravan to Norm’s Show & Shine 3 in Delaware. The meetups for install help haven’t been as widely publicized, but we’re always willing to help anyone in our area.

There is a Southeast owners sub-forum on SRF: https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/southeast-stingray-owners/. You can always start a post there for Orlando-area members to gauge their interest in getting together. I bet there are several SRF members in your area interested in that and even helping each other out from time to time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just installed the ACS rear diffusers last night too,
I got the 4 fins.
The driver side was a pain the ass!
Otherwise pleased with the final result.
If you’re thinking of doing it, definitely need a 7mm flat ratchet. Otherwise it’s impossible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,095 Posts
shihhanchow, Fins look good, though you might want to clean your outside pipes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts