Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
in Hindsight, when I originally added the fins a few years ago it was somewhat tedious, fast forward, knowing what I know now, I would have just dropped the lower fascia and installed the fins and then reinstall the lower fascia.

The lower fascia removal is quite easy and if there was a race with a prize for the quickest to install the fins by removing the fascia or leaving the fascia on, I would place my bet that removing the fascia would be much faster.

Steps: You remove rear reflectors, remove about six main screws, remove underneath screws, pull fascia off, place on bench, line template, drill holes, bolt fins on, snap fascia back, put screws back in and snap reflectors back in place and done!

I say this from experience of installing with fascia on and also removing the fascia to replace it. However, you don't know what you don't know until you actually do it or experience it.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Wow those look great. Where did you buy them from? I'm tempted to look into this.

·
Banned
22 Posts
A diffuser is usually located at the back of the car and its point is to increase airspeed of the air flow below the car. A diffuser affects the air pressure beneath the car, normalizing the pressure as your car moves through the air.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts