Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed! Have a 2015 Z51 that had the shudder issue a few years ago just before mfg warranty ended. GM did a trans fluid exchange and we had no problems until now. On a trip this weekend, the dreaded shudder came back. Does anyone know if GM will still honor the tech bulletin and work on it under warranty? If so, do you know the exact current tech bulletin to reference and the big question, who would you recommend in the Toledo OH area that is very knowledgable on working on Corvettes. Have not been very enthused about previous experiences with the two area dealerships

· Registered
410 Posts
I recently had to pay out of the pocket for as my car is out of warranty. Note, I had no previous experience to reference. Though I doubt that would make any difference.

· Registered
51 Posts
My 2015 C7 A8 has had the torque converter replaced and the fluid flush. I took it in 8/25/22 for an engine noise which turned out to be the water pump. The car only has 16k miles. Who ever heard of a water pump going out the early. I've never had one go out and have owned 6 Vettes. One had 105k + miles on it before I sold it and the only reason I sold it was I did not need to have 3 Vettes. When I went to pick up the car after the water pump was fixed, it was on the rack and two people were under it I asked what was up and they told me there was a noise coming out of the back of the motor. After further investigation and assistance from the factory, it was determined to be a problem with the clutches in the A8. The bill is $4.4k. We are still negotiating. I believe it should be zero as this is a clear manufacturing defect and Corvette does not want to own up to it. Anyone know a good lawyer. Oh and to add icing on the cake there were two Vettes, mine and another, with the same problem. This is a small dealer that probably sold 20 2015s and 10% of those have the same problem. I suspect the failure rate is higher than 10%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts