Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So McKees 37 came out with a new SIO2 car soap. It's been getting a ton of raves on the detail boards. One of the things that interested me is they tell you not to rinse off the panel after washing. They say wash the whole car before rinsing it off. Sorta goes against everything I ever knew about washing.

I decided to order it and try it myself...

Before I hit the vette with it, decided to do the Durango.... (so now you get some pics of both processes.)

Now with the Durango I decided to take my time and really see..... When I was 90% done with it I got a 30+ min call that I had to take, so the soap really baked on, you'll see it in the pics. Of special interest is the windows and piano black b pillars.

Mckee Sio2 Soap Slideshow by ronkh | Photobucket

Ok, so that worked, a couple of days later vette's turn.... Now remember this is South West Fl, direct sun.90's uv very high

SIO2 Soap Vette 1 Slideshow by ronkh | Photobucket

I ordered more.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better than Hydrofoam, Ron? If so, how so?

So it's:
Wash with mit...walk away?

Confused.....
2oz/5gal water
wash like normal,
pre rinse, wash, then rinse entire car. Don't sweat the soap drying on car before it's rinsed off. And this doesn't give me the humid window haze like hydrofoam.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ronkh, like that Z06. It's nice to see how nice those rims look with the white and the carbon fiber touches make it look great. Good to see the interior not red, sorry not a fan of the red interiors, and I like the stinger stripe in carbon fiber. Only thing I would have done was the carbon fiber side view mirrors but you've got a nice ride there. It looked just as clean in the before and after pictures :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey Ron good to see you - hope all is well :)

Would you recommend this in a foam gun? Spray on let dry rinse off? Or is it better in the bucket? Also i usually dry with a rinse aid (Optimum) would you skip that?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts

Would you recommend this in a foam gun? Spray on let dry rinse off? Or is it better in the bucket? Also i usually dry with a rinse aid (Optimum) would you skip that?
Check out the McKees 37 web site. They say it works great with a foam gun.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

This is via bucket.

IF I use a foam gun, it will be foam the area, wash w mitt etc, move foam next area etc........

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure those aren't the "before rinsing" photos?

I think I'm spending more on cleaning supplies than on oil for this thing. ;)
Was wondering same if it was before rinsing...

McKees had special last week. If it not special there, ag has it on special now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts