Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I found these on line yesterday and they look pretty nice.
They mount right on top of the tail lights using clear two sided tape and the company claims that the install in minutes.
Seems like a less labor intensive method than tearing apart the rear end to paint them.
Just wanted to see what other thought of them.
They are made by GS Creations and cost $149.99 pre ordered ($179.00 full price).
This is also significantly less expensive than painting.
Thoughts. Tail Light Black Out.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
They look great but have been showing as a pre order item for many months now. Me personally I will pay the extra when they are actually available.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Yes, I've had my eye on those for awhile myself and they've been "coming soon" longer than Vararam's intake lol... at this point, I'll probably just paint mine they next time they're out. A very light coat of plastic tail light paint is pretty easy anyway. My CTS V are actually a matte black which look pretty cool. Most of my clients do a gloss black. Gloss would be better on the C7 anyway with the tail light trim.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine were shipped today
Manuf claims extremely difficult to fabricate because of complex lens
I will install and send pics and opinion

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine were also shipped out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
weapon,
I would paint mine too if I had your assets/facilities.
scorpion333 H2)Stingray,
Thanks for the input and look forward to the pics and assessments.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does enough light show through with and without brakes applied? Day with brakes applied and night without brakes applied? They look great but just maybe too dark for street use.
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
can you take a few shots the 4way flashers on? curious to see how much light gets through the tint. is it a tinted film or an actual acrylic overlay in the shape of the taillights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
can you take a few shots the 4way flashers on? curious to see how much light gets through the tint. is it a tinted film or an actual acrylic overlay in the shape of the taillights?
Every picture above was taken with the acrylic hard molded covers installed even the last picture at night. :cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
scorpion333,
Have you washed your Vette with these attached yet?
I drive mine year round and obviously it gets rained on and washed a lot.
Was concerned if there may be an issue with water getting trapped between the light and the kit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes washed many times, no issues at all with water being trapped.
scorpion333,
Have you washed your Vette with these attached yet?
I drive mine year round and obviously it gets rained on and washed a lot.
Was concerned if there may be an issue with water getting trapped between the light and the kit.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts