Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My name is Sheldon from Webster, Ma just north of Connecticut border. Just purchased my 2015 stingray 3LT convertible with A8 with only 8,100 miles from a 71 year old retiree. Love the car totally new driving experience even coming from my 2012 Camaro SS convertible with 6 speed. I have one issue with the car and from what I have read over last few days I am not alone. Transmission especially at 55-70 miles an hour stutters on shifting if you go to accelerate. And it seems significant.found this out yesterday’s on my first road trip. After 30 miles I switched to manual and kept it in 7th and was fine but shouldn’t do this. my car has only 8000 miles but is a month out of warranty. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I plan on taking car into CHEVROLET dealer this week but would be helpful if I could get some background on the problem. Also please if there are any corvette owners clubs association in Massachusetts please let me know.
Looking forward to talking to many of you many times in the future.
Sheldon Katz

·
Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
Welcome to Stingrayforums Sheldon!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the family Sheldon. Google MA corvette clubs and I bet you find several....can't help you on the issue at hand but I'm sure someone here will know. Lots of great folks here.

·
Administrator
15,045 Posts
Welcome to our forum Sheldon and congrats on your new Stingray.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sheldon and congrats on your Stingray. I also own a 15 A8 3LT Stingray and the trans problems like the one you describe are pretty well documented on this forum. I'd recommend you searching for the thread and it should provide some good suggestions. Personally I've not had any problems with mine, but that seems to be how this issue goes. Some have issues that nag performance, and others have had no issue.

It is definitely a great driving experience not easily matched. My wife and I were out in ours this weekend and she hates when I say that we have the nicest car of any that we saw while out. Only 3 compliments in the parking lot while at the restaurant. She knows that is just part of ownership, but that I really bought it for the performance and value for that level of performance. She has a 300 with the Hemi and says that she still can't believe how our Stingray holds corners and just flat out accelerates. Looking so nice while doing so is a great bonus.

Hope yours is an easy fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts