Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have an Z51 2008 Velocity Yellow Coupe, I'm new to the forum. I have a delimma I need some thoughts from others to help make a decision. My new Torch Red Z51 C7 is finally built. I will be doing a museum delivery on Dec 28. Here's the delimma - Do I fly to Bowling Green and drive it back to Houston or do I rent a U-Haul car carrier and tow it back. Concerns with driving it back are possible issues with the weather and putting 900 mostly interstate miles on a new motor. Concerns with trailering are ground clearance issues getting it on the car carrier and the exposure on an open trailer behind the F-150. Even if I could find an enclosed trailer to rent, I don't think the F-150 with the 4.6 V8 is up to the task. Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
18,670 Posts
Maybe you can make your final decision as Dec. 28th gets closer -- when you have a better idea as to whether you will be facing bad weather or not. If you do drive, I would head southwest to Nashville, then west on I-40 a little bit until you intersect with the northern end of the batches Trace Pkwy (if you want a fun,fantastic, curvy driving road), then west once you hit I-20.

Comversely, if you choose to ship it home, there are many enclosed car carriers. Highly recommend Intercity Lines. Suggest you call Lori or Shane at the Museum to see if they already have arraignments with a car carrier already made.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the soon to be picked up C7!

I would vote for the drive if the weather looks pleasant - what a better way to break the new car in :)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts