Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Forum. I have been monitoring the Forum for quite some time and have recently became a member. I got the call last week from Bowling Green to pick up my Cyber Gray Z51 on December 2. Unfortunately I can't pick it up until December 16th because I will be out of town. I have learned a lot from reading posts on this Forum and wanted to say thank you to all of the knowledgeable members on this Forum. When I finally pick up Cyber Gray, I plan on tinting the windows with Prestige Film. Has anyone used this? I also plan on replacing the headers with Pfadt headers, x-pipe and a tune. Any thoughts? This will be my first Corvette.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum Abe. Glad to have you here. :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Welcome Abe, and good questions about getting headers, X-pipe and a tune. Thanks for asking, so FWIW, here are some ideas.

I would wait for making your proposed mods until several months after I got my new StingRay. Why?

The car is so new that vendors are still developing and still releasing new parts. Perhaps waiting a little while will give you more options, better options, and/or lower prices; and
New cars as complex as the StingRay sometimes (not often) have parts that fail, and historically new parts fail, highly-disapproportionately, during their first few months -- thus if not changed, are eligible for warranty claims. As you know if you modify a part that could affect another part, and if that second part were to fail, there is always the possibility for GM to at least initially deny your warranty claim; and,
As I do not know your experience level with 460/465 foot pounds of torque, (maybe you are used to and skilled at levels ways above that), at least if you are not, it is recommended you get used to the StingRay's power and capabilities first; and, lastly,
Every new car I have ever owned, the mods I want to make after owning the car a few months are at least a little different list than my original planned list. As I have a "budget," (at least a sort of a new mod budget), waiting gives me an opportunity to re-think, re-spend my original budgeted mod list.

Perhaps none of the above four things apply to you, but if at least one does, I thank you for asking your question.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'd be especially cautious with the tune as the direct injection is all new and most tuners are trying to figure out what works. I'd rather be a little late to that party instead of being to test car. As for mind, I've got HPTuners ready to go. But all I plan to do with it initially is to disable the skip shift.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Elegant and Dasyatis I appreciate the responses. If I decide to do the modifications it will be done at my dealership to include the tune. They advised that it will not affect my warranty in anyway. Or course I will get that in writing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts