Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this site for over a year and it has been a big help. I live in Apopka, Florida and took delivery of my new 2014 Corvette Stingray on October 11 and have so far put just over 10,000 miles on it, with trips to Ft Worth, Philadelphia, and a number of other places. We are leaving shortly for a drive to Rocky Mountain NP, then Yellowstone NP, Jackson, Idaho Falls, Moab, Telluride, Durango, Taos, Ft Worth, then home. So far I have had zero problems with the car and love driving it on a daily basis. The car is a base model, Torch Red, with Adrenalin Red 2LT interior, navigation system, and transparent top. I am a retired physicist and my wife and I travel quite a bit, mostly by car, the C7 is a great car for travel, lots of luggage room, good gas mileage, and very comfortable. This is my fifth Corvette (79, 84, 95, 05, 14). Just recently installed an Elite catch can after seeing oil collecting in the intake manifold. Have only driven about 200 miles since installation, will check oil accumulation when I do next oil change, which will be just before we leave for the 5000 mile trip. Will continue looking forward to all the good information and discussion on this site.

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Welcome to our form JimG! Your car sounds like a twin to RedHot built at almost the same time. :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
JimG, glad you are here, and clearly you are enjoying your great StingRay! Sounds like a great upcoming road trip. Have done the mountainous part of that same route in our C6 Z06 and it is fantastic!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
JimG, welcome aboard and congrats on your Torch Red Masterpiece. How much oil did you find?

SF
Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts