Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a C4 for over 30 yrs. Finally traded up. I fell in love with a 2014 Limerock green Prestige model. Only 12,000 miles.

Got it 3 days ago and its been a PITA from the start. Battery was DOA on the truck when it arrived. Keeps dying.

Been so busy with work I havnt been able to deal with it. So SOB is just a giant paperweight for now in the Garage. 2

Looks cool though..........:confused:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Welcome to our forum. That is a beautiful color. Sorry to hear of the immediate issues you are having. The battery is easy to replace RedHot gets a battery for her upcoming 4th birthday and if it is the OEM one way past due (and if the prior owner(s) did not keep it on a maintainer while not driving, even if they replaced the battery it could be dead),

Also, note, that the only way to use a maintainer (like a CTEK) is through the accessory in the trunk or directly to the battery (in the trunk under the liner). The socket in the cabin is not for charging the battery.

Reactions: Bullitt and stevec

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,077 Posts
Reactions: Bullitt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Premier edition not Prestige. DUH. Shows how little I know about this car. I had an 86' Z51 for 30 yrs. Great car never let me down. But it was time for a trade up. When I saw the Lime rock green (very similar to British racing green) I had to have it. Only 12,000 original miles. Work has been crazy lately . I'm a police officer here in south Fla. I think the population has doubled in the last 2 yrs. feels like it anyways. That said , So I get this car and it took forever to get it off the truck.(dead battery and the driver was not prepared ) Then when I finally do get it started I take the Top down and it starts pouring! Timing couldn't have been better. So I park it in the garage. I have 1 day off and the battery is dead again. I was so pissed that when I got a call for OT I just took it. I'm working straight through to next Monday. So I just put the cover on and tried to forget about it. So I've owned it 4 days and drove it about 500 feet. I'm super annoyed and have just avoided the garage when at home. Thank you Zymurgy for that link ........cheered me up until next weekend. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a video of my car before I bought it.

It also only came with 1 remote key Fob which is annoying........but the condition of the car more then made up for it. Now if I could only get it started.:confused:

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,852 Posts
Welcome and I’m sure a new battery might be needed. She’s a Beauty but wow for 70k, I might have to consider selling mine. Good Luck as they are awesome cars and you will enjoy immensely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and I’m sure a new battery might be needed. She’s a Beauty but wow for 70k, I might have to consider selling mine. Good Luck as they are awesome cars and you will enjoy immensely.
I paid $62,000 🤫 i showed interest for a few weeks at $60,000. In that time period I lost another Priemer #113 in Atlanta for $58,000. This one had low miles and the brakes were not even dusty.

BUT...........i bet that one started.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
232 Posts
Well hello and congratulations neighbor! Charlotte County here. 2 years ago I bought a '14 blue premier M7 coupe with 2950 on the clock. LOVE it! On the rare occasion when the car is sitting, I plug a Battery Tender Plus into the port in the trunk. NEVER had a problem with it. YET <knock on wood>

I'd probably start with a new battery and go from there.

BTW, THANK YOU for your service. I sure as hell hope you're not in Fort Myers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new 2014 February 20, 2014, number 191 of 550. Presently have 12,100 miles on this vehicle. I have owned a new 2004 LeMans Coupe, a new 2008 Z-51 /convertible and now this 2014 C7 and it is by far the best I have owned. I replaced the battery at 7 years, and I still wasn't having any problems but did so to be safe. Wonderful car with no problems, but I am seriously considering a C8

·
Registered
2015 Stingray
13 Posts
The C7 Corvette will behave irregularly and throw crazy error codes if/when the battery is low. You are in an anxious and hectic state over the demands of your time from work and the big $$ purchase and delivery; slow down, find som etime to clean her up from the rain soaking and get a new battery. Be patient and sort out the new (to you) gremlins and I'm sure you'll reach a place where you are happy. I went through this myself, had to have the dealer service the fuel tank per a technical service bulletin and do the A8 synthetic fluid triple flush before my 2015 Stingray was what I expected when I bought it, but it's all good now.

Also, I love the Limerock Green color, it was on my short list of colors I was willing to purchase. I'm not a fan of the common white, black, silver, gray, or torch red colors. Congratulations on your purchase and I hope it all sorts out soon for you.

Reactions: Bullitt

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
232 Posts
Congrats on the rides aphilipps! My '14 Premier is my 5th Vette. I'll NEVER have a C8! They don't have them with manuals! To each their own I guess but to me, a sports car should be shifted.... I'm "old school"... whatever - enjoy it to the max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on the rides aphilipps! My '14 Premier is my 5th Vette. I'll NEVER have a C8! They don't have them with manuals! To each their own I guess but to me, a sports car should be shifted.... I'm "old school"... whatever - enjoy it to the max.
I have owned 3 C-3's with four speed manuals; and loved all of them. However, when you reach the ripe old age of 79 like me, not shifting isn't so bad

·
Registered
2014 Stingray Z-51 L3
4 Posts
I owned a C4 for over 30 yrs. Finally traded up. I fell in love with a 2014 Limerock green Prestige model. Only 12,000 miles.

Got it 3 days ago and its been a PITA from the start. Battery was DOA on the truck when it arrived. Keeps dying.

Been so busy with work I havnt been able to deal with it. So SOB is just a giant paperweight for now in the Garage. 2

Looks cool though..........:confused:
I love my 2014 Laguna Blue but you have (in my opinion) the coolest Corvette color combination ever. Iron out those kinks and you will love your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I assume that this Limerock Green "Prestige" is a convertible. Chevy built 550 Premier Edition (not Prestige). You should have a plaque on the center console that indicates your vehicle is n of 550.

Here's a Motortrend article on the 2014 Convertible Premier Edition: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible Premiere Edition Announced
My Limerock Green/Kalahari 3LT coupe has a VIN that is 505. It was purchased in February’14 and I’ve been told it was designated as a special release of 550 to Dealers around the country. I purchased it in Rochester NY. Do you know if there were two releases that year, Premiere for convertible and nothing for a 3LT coupe?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Limerock Green/Kalahari 3LT coupe has a VIN that is 505. It was purchased in February’14 and I’ve been told it was designated as a special release of 550 to Dealers around the country. I purchased it in Rochester NY. Do you know if there were two releases that year, Premiere for convertible and nothing for a 3LT coupe?
The Premiere Edition Coupe came out first with 500 identical Laguna Blue tint coat with a Brownstone interior, Z-51, 3LT with manual transmissions as well as a lot of accessories from the Genuine Accessories catalog including a matching set of Corvette identified luggage. There were no Limerock Green/ Kalahari special editions in coupe form. The 550 Limerock Green convertibles with Brownstone interior were similar to the equipment on the coupes except all 550 convertibles had 6 speed automatics and are Z-51, 3LT. We own Premiere Edition convertible 090, and it is a tremendous Corvette.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes. Premier edition not Prestige. DUH. Shows how little I know about this car. I had an 86' Z51 for 30 yrs. Great car never let me down. But it was time for a trade up. When I saw the Lime rock green (very similar to British racing green) I had to have it. Only 12,000 original miles. Work has been crazy lately . I'm a police officer here in south Fla. I think the population has doubled in the last 2 yrs. feels like it anyways. That said , So I get this car and it took forever to get it off the truck.(dead battery and the driver was not prepared ) Then when I finally do get it started I take the Top down and it starts pouring! Timing couldn't have been better. So I park it in the garage. I have 1 day off and the battery is dead again. I was so pissed that when I got a call for OT I just took it. I'm working straight through to next Monday. So I just put the cover on and tried to forget about it. So I've owned it 4 days and drove it about 500 feet. I'm super annoyed and have just avoided the garage when at home. Thank you Zymurgy for that link ........cheered me up until next weekend. (y)
Congratulations on your new Premiere Edition convertible. I too have a Premiere Edition- #090, and it is great. I would like to suggest a few things. #1 read the owners manual- you will learn things about your C-7 that will amaze and impress you. #2 Follow the correct procedure to remove and replace the battery. When buying a new battery don't go the cheap route. The stock battery is a Delco AGM type battery. Replace with another AGM battery. AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat battery. The AGM battery is put in high performance cars that are capable of hi performance acceleration and handling. There is no liquid acid to slosh around, just fiberglass like cloth that is saturated with a small amount of acid. When charging an AGM battery NEVER use a charger capable of imputing more than 15 volts. The special Corvette battery charger plugs into the recepticle in the trunk and will charge/ maintain the battery without exceeding 15 volts. If someone hooks up a conventional 12 volt charger to an AGM battery, the 17 volts generated will "cook off" one or more cells and your battery will last about 3 to 5 months and need to be replaced. If you use the Corvette plug in small battery package unit, your battery can last as long as 7 years. Ours is the original that is 8 years old. #3 Read the oil change procedure for the dry sump system you have. If you are not inclined to change your own oil, take it to a Chevy dealer that sells a lot of Corvettes. The procedure is probably not known by a Quick Lube drive through center. Even some of a GM dealer does not know the procedure. The Z-51 Dry Sump LT1 engine holds 9.4 qts. When I got our Corvette home I drained 15 qts of oil from the car. The car porters are trained to check the oil before starting and moving a car. However, after the 6.2 liter
Z-51 is turned off, you must wait exactly 5 minutes or 300 seconds to check the oil level. #4 Take your time and learn as much as you can about your Premiere Edition. You will enjoy the Corvette a lot more. Be careful because your Corvette will do 0 to 60 in about 3.9 to 4.0 seconds and you can lose control real easy. Always drive with the traction control in the active position to minimize tire wear and solid control over most road surfaces. Finally, thank you for your service as a member of law enforcement.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Premiere Edition Coupe came out first with 500 identical Laguna Blue tint coat with a Brownstone interior, Z-51, 3LT with manual transmissions as well as a lot of accessories from the Genuine Accessories catalog including a matching set of Corvette identified luggage. There were no Limerock Green/ Kalahari special editions in coupe form. The 550 Limerock Green convertibles with Brownstone interior were similar to the equipment on the coupes except all 550 convertibles had 6 speed automatics and are Z-51, 3LT. We own Premiere Edition convertible 090, and it is a tremendous Corvette.
That’s what I understand - no Limerock 3LT coupes had a special classification. Nevertheless, I was told and noticed in the C7 book there weren’t many produced. Mine has less than 20K on it and has never been in the rain. Of course living in AZ and driven sparingly helps. Great car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here is a video of my car before I bought it.

It also only came with 1 remote key Fob which is annoying........but the condition of the car more then made up for it. Now if I could only get it started.:confused:
The key fob issue is a none issue. DO NOT go to the dealer!! They will light you up!! Get a new one on line and YouTube how to program it. It took about 15 min. in my garage to program. Just follow the YouTube instructions. The dealer wanted over $250 to purchase a new fob and program it. My total out of pocket was about $100.

·
Registered
421 Posts
.... Also, note, that the only way to use a maintainer (like a CTEK) is through the accessory in the trunk or directly to the battery (in the trunk under the liner). The socket in the cabin is not for charging the battery.
Actually Jeff... there is ANOTHER way to attach a battery maintainer (but it has to have spring clamp connectors). I prefer going under the hood for my charging purposes... I open the red plastic cover on the passenger side (and leave it unsnapped), to expose the hot terminal connection... connect the positive (red) clamp there, then the negative (black) clamp to a ground (I use a mounting bolt for the alternator). Others may not like, but it works great for me... also, seeing the hood popped up is a good reminder to me that I have a charger attached (I've driven off in the past... more than once! 😬 ).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts