Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Limerock Green/Kalahari 3LT coupe has a VIN that is 505. It was purchased in February’14 and I’ve been told it was designated as a special release of 550 to Dealers around the country. I purchased it in Rochester NY. Do you know if there were two releases that year, Premiere for convertible and nothing for a 3LT coupe?
Prior to the Limerock Green Convertible, GM built 500 Blue in color Premier Edition Coupes. The coupes had the same interior as the convertible; however, all of the coupes were 7 speed manuals, and the convertibles of course were all 6 speed automatics

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,077 Posts
My Limerock Green/Kalahari 3LT coupe has a VIN that is 505. It was purchased in February’14 and I’ve been told it was designated as a special release of 550 to Dealers around the country. I purchased it in Rochester NY. Do you know if there were two releases that year, Premiere for convertible and nothing for a 3LT coupe?
As others have stated, there was a coupe "Premier Edition", but they were all Laguna Blue. Whomever told you it was a "special release" of 550 doesn't know what they are talking about. Two "Premier Editions":
  1. 500 Laguna Blue coupes
  2. 550 Limerock Green convertibles
Article on the Premier Edition coupe: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Revealed

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Actually Jeff... there is ANOTHER way to attach a battery maintainer (but it has to have spring clamp connectors). I prefer going under the hood for my charging purposes... I open the red plastic cover on the passenger side (and leave it unsnapped), to expose the hot terminal connection... connect the positive (red) clamp there, then the negative (black) clamp to a ground (I use a mounting bolt for the alternator). Others may not like, but it works great for me... also, seeing the hood popped up is a good reminder to me that I have a charger attached (I've driven off in the past... more than once! 😬 ).
Yes Al, that is a possible way however, the only recommended way per GM is via the trunk accessory outlet or directly to the battery (the same is true per GM for jump starting direct connection to the battery). Not sure why they don't recommend the under hood location.

·
Registered
421 Posts
... Not sure why they don't recommend the under hood location.
Probably liability issue... I suspect, once you flip that red plastic cover open... it exposes the owner to possibly dangerous amperage, and requires some knowledge of mechanics/electrics to minimize chances of a big "oops". (We had someone in The Villages burn out their garage by accidentally shorting a golf cart battery). I've rebuilt engines and worked on every possible auto system (save for electric powered cars) so I feel comfortable doing this... I wouldn't recommend doing it unless someone had a similar comfort level. (This is the golf cart fire house in The Villages)
Cloud Sky Plant Building Shade

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow. Alot of great info here! Thanks!
I had to come in early today.....3am start instead of 7am becuase Midnights was a skeleton crew thanks to a skell with covid that infected 5 officers.

So Ive owned this car a week and never drove it.
My wife said Amazon delivered my Optima Yellow Top battery. I plan on installing it tommorrow and finally driving it.

Only question........that little factory vent tube on the right side.......I can just plug it up like all the You tube videos Ive watched correct?

Got my 13 and 10 mm ratchets ready!

Cant wait!!!

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Wow. Alot of great info here! Thanks!
I had to come in early today.....3am start instead of 7am becuase Midnights was a skeleton crew thanks to a skell with covid that infected 5 officers.

So Ive owned this car a week and never drove it.
My wife said Amazon delivered my Optima Yellow Top battery. I plan on installing it tommorrow and finally driving it.

Only question........that little factory vent tube on the right side.......I can just plug it up like all the You tube videos Ive watched correct?

Got my 13 and 10 mm ratchets ready!

Cant wait!!!
AGMs should be vented with the tube just like the battery you are taking out. For specifics see my post #2.

Reactions: stevec

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My Optima Yellow Top came with ports for venting (i heard they didnt) so its not an issue.
Taking out the old battery was harder then I thought it would be with no handle. In was much easier.

Car started right up and just like reported needed a few moments to wake up. All kinds of error messages dissapeared after a few moments.

First drive was killer! Such a different car then my old C4. Suspension and ride are great.

Still waiting on a new/used manual I got off ebay

What kind of fuel are you putting in your Z51 C7?
87 or premium?

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
235 Posts
Still waiting on a new/used manual I got off ebay

What kind of fuel are you putting in your Z51 C7?
87 or premium?
Mobil 93 ONLY. If I can afford this car I can afford to run 93.

You can answer most any question you have about the car online. I have the manual but don't think I've ever even opened it. lol

Congrats on getting your battery issue resolved. These suckers use a good bit even when sitting so if you're gonna have it parked for more than a few days without running it, I'd highly recommend hooking up the battery "maintainer". I use the Battery Tender Plus for the vette, generator, mower, etc..... Used 'em for MANY years - zero issues.

Enjoy! I don't recall, is yours a M7? Love mine (although I have the blue one. ;) )

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Reactions: stevec and Bullitt
21 - 31 of 31 Posts