Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum!

I'm a brand new owner... like 36 hours!

I just bought a 2015 Z51 3LT A8 Vert in Daytona Sunset Orange with black interior amd competition seats with 36k miles.

I literally just noticed a gap between my brake light and the bumper piece. Is this normal? I've attached a picture of it below.

Any advice on any inexpensive mods or things I should do?
This is my ultimate dream car and Im beyond thrilled!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,227 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
great looking vette,
I have heard the mrc software update is a good up grade, the front splitter and side skirts look great on the cars, my number one mod

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that isn't normal, but it has been reported a few times here on the forum. Start here: https://www.stingrayforums.com/threads/rear-bumper-pulling-away-from-spoiler.71322/
Thanks for the info that explains so much. I really appreciate the quick response I called the dealer I bought it from (Mercedes) and they wont help me out with it. I'm calling Chevy dealer today to get an alignment done, and I'll have them check out the fascia. Hopefully its not an expensive fix since its out of warranty now. Any recommendations for alignment to get even wear?

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Thanks for the info that explains so much. I really appreciate the quick response I called the dealer I bought it from (Mercedes) and they wont help me out with it. I'm calling Chevy dealer today to get an alignment done, and I'll have them check out the fascia. Hopefully its not an expensive fix since its out of warranty now. Any recommendations for alignment to get even wear?
How much do you already know about alignment geometries?

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Im mildly familiar with it. I have new tires and its majorly pulling to the right.
There are multiple things which could cause a pull/push to the right.

You know the saying about give a person a fish and feed him for a day or teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime? You would be far better off learning about alignment geometries and then you would know what is best, and you could also filter out all of the incorrect information which might come from people who don't know what they are talking about.

You can start here:

·
Registered
10,227 Posts

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Finally, here is a screen shot of the spreadsheet I made before getting mine aligned.

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Rodney is an amazing font of information! ---Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice I have the same car just the Z06/Z07 version. I had mine wrapped around the whole front and hood with Xpel. Did the software upgrade and some small items. Yeah if you don't have the skirts and a good splitter go with that. I bought the tray to fit behind the head unit screen to help separate stuff I put in there. I also bought the seat belt holder that keeps the seatbelt sliding in place. Since you have the different wing I bought the one that it higher and connects the ones together. A tow hook just in case you have to get it towed and seat covers just to keep the seats alittle more in shape for when I sell.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats! Great looking Vette

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice I have the same car just the Z06/Z07 version. I had mine wrapped around the whole front and hood with Xpel. Did the software upgrade and some small items. Yeah if you don't have the skirts and a good splitter go with that. I bought the tray to fit behind the head unit screen to help separate stuff I put in there. I also bought the seat belt holder that keeps the seatbelt sliding in place. Since you have the different wing I bought the one that it higher and connects the ones together. A tow hook just in case you have to get it towed and seat covers just to keep the seats alittle more in shape for when I sell.
Your Vette is gorgeous!! How do you keep the brake dust off of it? Also is the MSR software update worth the $350? I did order the seatbelt holders, and the tray for behind the unit, as well as a trunk/rear bib.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi forum!

I just bought a 2015 Z51 3LT A8 Vert in Daytona Sunset Orange with black interior amd competition seats with 36k miles.

I literally just noticed a gap between my brake light and the bumper piece. Is this normal? I've attached a picture of it below.

Thanks!!
View attachment 276458
AEROSTEP, If you really want to enjoy your vette and its performance and beauty - just drive it and don't worry about the little things. If you want a garage queen that's fine too. But as a vette owner for 27 years I learned to ignore the small stuff and enjoy driving it everyday. Remember, you don't know what tomorrow brings so get as many hours behind the wheel if it truly is your dream ride!
Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AEROSTEP, If you really want to enjoy your vette and its performance and beauty - just drive it and don't worry about the little things. If you want a garage queen that's fine too. But as a vette owner for 27 years I learned to ignore the small stuff and enjoy driving it everyday. Remember, you don't know what tomorrow brings so get as many hours behind the wheel if it truly is your dream ride!
Chris
I'm driving it as much as I can. A garage queen is great, but my Vette is made for driving and I'm taking it everywhere I can with a huge smile on my face! Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah i believe its suppose to help the different setting on the suspension and the shifts. It did feel a bit better but I don't drive mine that often. The wheels are gun metal and with the carbon ceramic brakes I don't get as much dust but still get some. Plus the wheels are gunmetal. The wheels on mine are upgraded and tires were 375/20 21 which aren't made anymore as I just got a nail in the edge of the sidewall. So basically I found a used one for now but will have to go down in size size they don't make that tire anymore!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi forum!

Thanks!!
View attachment 276458
We have lots of stuff for that cat.

·
Registered
462 Posts
There are some of us that has switched out the OEM pads to aftermarket ones that generates far less dust. I switched to aftermarket pads and then had wheels ceramic coated. I can now drive a month and the level of dust wouldn't bother me because it barely shows much especially on my silver wheels. Before I would clean my wheels and with 15 minutes of driving there was a layer of dust!

Your Vette is gorgeous!! How do you keep the brake dust off of it? Also is the MSR software update worth the $350? I did order the seatbelt holders, and the tray for behind the unit, as well as a trunk/rear bib.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts