Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Oliver Kleven and I just purchased a 1975 Corvette from my neighbor. This car needs a lot of work but then I have a lot of time. I'm retired and was looking for a project. My question to you is, this car has the L48 350 coupled with an automatic. I have a 1974 LS7 that I would like to install. Is this possible? I should say that I live in Lake County, California. Thank you for your comments

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Welcome to our forum Oliver and congrats on your new-for-you C3!

Reactions: Oliver Kleven

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,663 Posts
I'm sure it can be done, the 454 is a tight fit in that C3 engine bay, they did put them in earlier models. You will need to do some research before you start your project, first would be to double check to see if the 454 will fit in the '75 and see if there is any difference between the earlier models and yours regarding support structures, mounts, etc.
Good luck with project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, my name is Oliver Kleven and I just purchased a 1975 Corvette from my neighbor. This car needs a lot of work but then I have a lot of time. I'm retired and was looking for a project. My question to you is, this car has the L48 350 coupled with an automatic. I have a 1974 LS7 that I would like to install. Is this possible? I should say that I live in Lake County, California. Thank you for your comments
I'm sure it can be done, the 454 is a tight fit in that C3 engine bay, they did put them in earlier models. You will need to do some research before you start your project, first would be to double check to see if the 454 will fit in the '75 and see if there is any difference between the earlier models and yours regarding support structures, mounts, etc.
Good luck with project.
Thank you. I could keep the 350 but i would really love to have the LS7 in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I could keep the 350 but i would really love to have the LS7 in it.
Well after some research, I believe I will just get the engine running correctly and have it smoed. The car has only 28,800 miles but it hasen't moved for over 10 years. I did find out that you can put a 454 in a C3. I am comfortable doing that later. Thank you
Oliver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts