Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my car for a month now and nothing from GM in the way of a Thankyou ,email survey,follow up phone call nothing.Very unusual in my opinion,since I'm in the business I know how important customer relations can be.I guess The General feels no need to do this.What say you guys?

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
I received a couple of surveys.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't usually deal with surveys.
Only if service is exceptional.
On the other hand...
Like to use them to threaten my salesperson if I'm not getting the right service.
My guy is pretty lazy! Always making excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a call about 4 days after pick up from dealer GM and a survey about 3 weeks after pick up. Got thank you letter and 4 carwash coupons a few weeks later also. I certainly will not take my C7 though a car wash but will use on one of my other cars. Maybe a bit week for a $66,000 purchase but I appreciate the thought.

John V

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lexus and VW are very good on customer follow up and whether you personally think it is important to you, it distinguishes a business that TRULY CARES about its Clients. I work for a company that is a 4 year consecutive JD Power winning company for customer satisfaction in financial services and we aren't selling $70m+ products. If GM doesn't do this, they don't get it- go back to selling Chevettes...

Reactions: Grandsport

·
Registered
131 Posts
Filled out my survey yesterday, Dec. 7, after a second reminder from GM. My purchase and (Museum) delivery were better than expected

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
Lexus and VW are very good on customer follow up and whether you personally think it is important to you, it distinguishes a business that TRULY CARES about its Clients. I work for a company that is a 4 year consecutive JD Power winning company for customer satisfaction in financial services and we aren't selling $70m+ products. If GM doesn't do this, they don't get it- go back to selling Chevettes...
My guess is that there are vast differences experienced in how well OEMs are on customer follow up and on ensuring customers are happy with their cars within each car model. VW had a 'earned' reputation for screwing Audi customers on warranty related issues in recent years. There is a class action suit against Porsche for issues related to IMS bearings on certain engines. When you read OEM related forums you can see the extremes as well as when you listen to car enthusiasts in various car clubs. Yet in each instance you will find individuals who have had exceptionally positive customer service and follow up. Hopefully the majority of us will have nothing but pleasure from our Stingrays for years to come. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
For me it's the salesperson / dealership that has the most to gain by extending a follow up call or e-mail. My expectations of GM is to provide a quality product. My expectation of the sales person / dealership is to provide a quality sales, after sales, and service experience.

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
For me it's the salesperson / dealership that has the most to gain by extending a follow up call or e-mail. My expectations of GM is to provide a quality product. My expectation of the sales person / dealership is to provide a quality sales, after sales, and service experience.
Fully agree.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
My guess is many of the surveys are triggered at the dealership level so those who took Museum delivery will probably have a different experience than those who took delivery from a dealership.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
When I bought my caddy not only did I get an iPad but was also sent a goodies package later as well. You would think GM at least for the first year guys get something in the mail even if just a stingray keychain.....

·
Administrator
16,580 Posts
When I bought my caddy not only did I get an iPad but was also sent a goodies package later as well. You would think GM at least for the first year guys get something in the mail even if just a stingray keychain.....
Yes, I also got the iPad when I purchased my XTS but that was really more of a defensive move IMO by GM to try and ensure minimal backlash to the CUE infotainment system they were first introducing on the XTS. They wanted to avoid the customer reaction and subsequent bad press that Ford experienced when they introduced their latest and greatest infotainment system. The iPad was in part intended to allow you to experiment and learn the ins and outs of the CUE system in the comfort of your living room rather than sitting for an extended period of time in the car. I felt I got what I paid for when I was one of the earliest adopters of the new XTS- a great car, good design, very well done interior and capable handling. Solid value for my money. I was not disappointed and feel it has been one of the best Caddy's produced (I have had 7 before the XTS). When I got RedHot, I felt I got a lot more car than I paid for in terms of power, technology etc., so in that regard I am not looking for any further 'goodies' from GM. My C7 dealer, Henderson Chevrolet in Nevada, really made me feel like they truly appreciated my purchase and when I paid prior to picking her up at the Museum, about 5 or 6 of the dealership management came out individually while I was there and personally thanked me for my purchase from them. :cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes, I also got the iPad when I purchased my XTS but that was really more of a defensive move IMO by GM to try and ensure minimal backlash to the CUE infotainment system they were first introducing on the XTS. They wanted to avoid the customer reaction and subsequent bad press that Ford experienced when they introduced their latest and greatest infotainment system. The iPad was in part intended to allow you to experiment and learn the ins and outs of the CUE system in the comfort of your living room rather than sitting for an extended period of time in the car. I felt I got what I paid for when I was one of the earliest adopters of the new XTS- a great car, good design, very well done interior and capable handling. Solid value for my money. I was not disappointed and feel it has been one of the best Caddy's produced (I have had 7 before the XTS). When I got RedHot, I felt I got a lot more car than I paid for in terms of power, technology etc., so in that regard I am not looking for any further 'goodies' from GM. My C7 dealer, Henderson Chevrolet in Nevada, really made me feel like they truly appreciated my purchase and when I paid prior to picking her up at the Museum, about 5 or 6 of the dealership management came out individually while I was there and personally thanked me for my purchase from them. :cool:
My wife drove the CTS and XTS, both V Series at COTA about 2 months ago! They are awesome cars and I must say added to the discussion at home about buying the C7.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My purchase experience was much better with my 13 Corvette and I received some cool gifts as well.Maybe the Dolt customers are better received than the purchaser of a 14 Corvette.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Free car wash... Don't need that
iPad... Don't need that either.
A nice letter of appreciation...don't waste your time. Don't need it.

Can't wait to get to the museum that GM provides to meet some of the people responsible for this amazing car. What more can they do.

Sometimes the small complaints amaze me!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can't wait to get to the museum that GM provides to meet some of the people responsible for this amazing car.
GM does not provide nor finance the museum. It is operated independently from the assembly plant. GM does include one year membership in the museum with the purchase of a new Corvette. The people at the museum are not responsible for the Corvette. The museum offers delivery, but you pay nearly $1000 extra for that and still pay the standard delivery charge for GM to transport using the standard car transport company. Only the car transport company makes out on the museum deliveries because their delivery distance is only about 1 mile, unless they must take the cars to a standard distribution terminal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts