Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So For 3 years under warranty I have been hearing a noise between 40-50 mph. It comes from the back end of the vette. I have over 10 service invoices that say could repeat issue. They did replace the torque tube but that didn’t solve the issue. So out of warranty now my question it it turns out to be something serious but I have documented the sound countless times. Will they fix it under warranty or am I on the hook

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Unfortunately it depends. Sometimes (especially if it is the same dealer all along) they will goodwill the repair. If the dealer doesn't offer that, check next at the regional level.

·
Super Moderator
3,344 Posts
Not sure if this will help? I was convinced that I was hearing a noise from the rear of my C7. It turned out to be the hydraulic belt tensioner in the engine bay.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 2015 Z06. What I determined was that it occurred when the car would transition to V4 in a high gear and was actually lugging. So, I ordered a Range Technology AFM disable plug and problem solved. Hope yours is that easy. I don’t know how many times I’ve said this but, who buys a corvette to save gas mileage and or wants their car to go into 4 cylinder mode.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
I remember reading a survey test was done with and without using the AFM disabler, I believe the difference on fuel savings was about a mile and a half less per gallon using the disabler.

Most of the other car & truck forums about AFM disablers say they see no appreciable difference in gas usage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 2015 Z06. What I determined was that it occurred when the car would transition to V4 in a high gear and was actually lugging. So, I ordered a Range Technology AFM disable plug and problem solved. Hope yours is that easy. I don’t know how many times I’ve said this but, who buys a corvette to save gas mileage and or wants their car to go into 4 cylinder mode.
Not me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
run the car in manual mode this disables the AFM system and then you can see if the noise is still present. if it still makes the noise its NOT the A8-A-4 deactivation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
also as someone else said replace the trans fluid with a triple flush to mobile 1 ATF. service bulletin 18-NA-355.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts