Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Well sorta. Hi everybody, I'm in W GA & last week ordered a Z51 from my local Chevy dealer. He informed me that Z51 & cf dash are currently constrained & went to special effort to be pessimistic about my chances of getting it before 2015 on the pretext of hating to foster false hope in people like me. I just hope he's all wrong. The Vette will be both the Wife's & mine as we're pretty close friends in these things, we have a GXP Solstice & a Volt. Years ago I had a '69 Stingray, this would be my 2nd if I'm to be so fortunate. Thanks for having me/us, it's nice to be here.

Dread Red

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would suggest that you talk to one of the forum dealers on here and pretty sure they can make your dream come true much quicker, as they have many more allotments than the smaller dealers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome...great to have you two!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

We sold my GXP Coupe and my wife’s Sky Redline to buy the Stingray… no regrets! This car is freaking awesome!!! :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome and hopefully the wait it not to long for you.

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
Welcome to our forum Dread Red- glad to have you here. Agree with the suggestion to check with one of our supporting vendor dealers to see if you can get exactly what you want sooner.:cool:

·
18,670 Posts
...Well sorta. Hi everybody, I'm in W GA & last week ordered a Z51 from my local Chevy dealer. He informed me that Z51 & cf dash are currently constrained & went to special effort to be pessimistic about my chances of getting it before 2015 on the pretext of hating to foster false hope in people like me. I just hope he's all wrong. Dread Red
Contact our forum's dealership supporting vendor, MacMulkin Chevrolet. MacMulkin is the second largest dealer in the country with over 1,000 StingRay allocations. He is still accepting, placing, ordering and receiving Z-51 and other constrained 2014 orders. Sent you a PM with more info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Corvette brotherhood!

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey, thanks the welcome m3incorp, Soho, Texas2Gun, H20Stingray, jsvette & elegant. I realize patience is a virtue & demand for the new Corvette is outstripping supply, esp for Z51. Congratulations & respect to all who've suffered through & have gotten theirs, & best of luck & good fortune to all those still in the struggle, like me. I am exploring alternatives to my current course as my local dealer has assured me my deposit is refundable up until the order gets to 3000status & it's for sure not there yet, it's less than a week old. One of the things I've considered from the beginning was if I waited 3 months & the status was still 1100, I might just cancel & get a 2015 Z06 instead. I'd prefer a Z06, but equal to that is a desire not to wait that long. I'm kinda 6in1hand/half a doz the other & to some extent it might be fate that ends up deciding for me. Thanks again everybody, it's nice to meet fellow soldiers in the struggle/not feel so alone.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Dread Red, welcome aboard. I'm still searching for the C7 I want.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks smalltowngirl13, U.S. Marine & Lipstic. It's great to be alive & be here, wish I could get my Z51 tho! lol, I say I'm patient, what I mean is I try really hard to be as patient as I can, so hard it hurts sometimes. I've been talking to MacMulkin Chevrolet, people have said good things about them & their capacity to get it done. I prefer to support my local community/businesses when I can, it might just turn out this is one of those times it's not realistically possible & that's kinda sad. My local Chevy guy's a great guy & I respect him. I'll paste the build I'd like, it's almost like having the car (totally kidding). Interestingly, Lipstic, it appears our tastes are similar -

2014 Stingray coupe 3lt w/Z51
torch red (GKZ) / adrenaline red (705)
black aluminum wheels (Q7T)
auto transmission (MYC)
magnetic selective ride control (FE4)
performance exhaust (NPP)
Corvette museum delivery (R8C)
Visible carbon-fiber roof panel with body-color surround (C2Z?)
Competition Sport bucket seats (AE4)
Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package (IWE)
Carbon fiber interior trim (FAY)

I'm 50/50 on manual/auto but my loving Wife is auto-only, so auto it is for me/us. I'd prefer a Z06 but I prob wouldn't need/use it's extra capabilities all that much, life is short (long wait for Z06), & a penny saved is a penny earned, so given these I sure hope to get a Z51 like this^ built.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts