Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a NoviStretch Nylon Bra on my Grand Sport that has a Stage 2 areo Splitter with Stage 3 Winglets.

The Stage 3 Winglets make the Bra have to fit ~4 inches wider area than a over normal splitter. Installed the Winglets with 1 inch long stainless male snaps instead of standard screws. Then used two 1 1/2 inch long snap extenders for the lower snaps on each side. Fits fine.

This is a PDF of my install: http://netwelding.com/Nylon_Bra.pdf

Forum Pic.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed a NoviStretch Nylon Bra on my Grand Sport that has a Stage 2 areo Splitter with Stage 3 Winglets.

The Stage 3 Winglets make the Bra have to fit ~4 inches wider area than a over normal splitter. Installed the Winglets with 1 inch long stainless male snaps instead of standard screws. Then used two 1 1/2 inch long snap extenders for the lower snaps on each side. Fits fine.

This is a PDF of my install: http://netwelding.com/Nylon_Bra.pdf

View attachment 166201
Is this for storage purposes? Or will you be driving around with it on?

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is this for storage purposes? Or will you be driving around with it on?
Have been using it for long trips on my C6, 2014 C7 and will now on my Grand Sport. Many Vette owners use, as IMO it's the best way to easily install something that keeps bugs out of the grill, AC condenser and off the front of the car!

It can install in minutes. Has three snaps on either side and two under the front spoiler in my case or bumper if you don't have a spoiler. There are two looks that fit on places inside the engine compartment.

Folks report removing and washing in the sink in a hotel! Easy on, easy off. I also bought the mirror covers they sell.

We don't buy it for looks! Although believing in "form follows function" think it looks great. Have you tried to get bugs off of the AC condenser/rad area? Not possible! It does protect from some small debris hitting the nose like a normal bra but won't stop a large rock from causing damage. I do not install unless it's a long trip. Around town I live with cleaning bugs every time I get home and those that get to the AC condenser.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have been using it for long trips on my C6, 2014 C7 and will now on my Grand Sport. Many Vette owners use, as IMO it's the best way to easily install something that keeps bugs out of the grill, AC condenser and off the front of the car!

It can install in minutes. Has three snaps on either side and two under the front spoiler in my case or bumper if you don't have a spoiler. There are two looks that fit on places inside the engine compartment.

Folks report removing and washing in the sink in a hotel! Easy on, easy off. I also bought the mirror covers they sell.

We don't buy it for looks! Although believing in "form follows function" think it looks great. Have you tried to get bugs off of the AC condenser/rad area? Not possible! It does protect from some small debris hitting the nose like a normal bra but won't stop a large rock from causing damage. I do not install unless it's a long trip. Around town I live with cleaning bugs every time I get home and those that get to the AC condenser.
I have not tried cleaning bugs out, I went went with PPF on the front end, mirrors, side skirts and rear fenders. I was very concerned with protecting the paint, but I guess I will now have to be concerned about bugs.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Nicely done, used one on our Z51, but had a hole get too large and now need a new one.....yes they replaced it once for free too. Question, can you take a closeup of how you have it over the winglets area? Looks very tight there.

Reactions: Liner Boy

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nicely done, used one on our Z51, but had a hole get too large and now need a new one.....yes they replaced it once for free too. Question, can you take a closeup of how you have it over the winglets area? Looks very tight there.
The PDF as more pics but here are a few:
One shows the bra attached, the other turned sideways because of the file size but it shows the three stainless snaps with 1 inch screws that were used to attach the Stage 3 Winglets.

It's no tighter than the normal Bra as the top two snaps don't stretch much more than if there were no winglets. The bottom snap is where I used the extension. If you wanted to reduce the tension you could use more snap extensions and use on all snaps. They come in various lengths even longer than I used if desired. i.e. you could use 1 inch extensions on 4 and 1 1/2 or 2 inch extensions on the bottom snaps.

Used these on my pontoon boat cover! The PDF shows where to buy: http://netwelding.com/Nylon_Bra.pdf
IMG_6404.JPG IMG_7372.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts