Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In preparation for my first Corvette Caravan, I installed the NoviStretch Front Bumper and Mirror Masks. They fit just fine over my ACS Splitter and Wheel Deflectors. Took them on a test drive today and they do what they are supposed to do. Easy maintenance too! Thanks, RPI!

IMG_9700.JPG IMG_9701.JPG IMG_9702.JPG IMG_9703.JPG IMG_9704.JPG IMG_9705.JPG IMG_9706.JPG

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
What do the other sides of the mirrors look like? Are they still usable with those on there?

Reactions: jagamajajaran

·
18,670 Posts
"Double Velocity" getting ready for her maiden NCM Caravan in the morning, now dressed with her protective clothing! Safe travels Jag!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just be careful taking the mirror protectors off.

Took mine off today and they got hung up on the hardware behind the mirrors and the seams tore.

Texted Andy, at Novigo Designs, and he told me to send them back and they'd replace them.

HUGE THUMBS UP for Novigo Designs for standing behind their product and lifetime warranty!!!

LOVE my NoviStretchBra and mirror protectors!!! They do an AWESOME job while letting my C7 breathe!!!

Here's a pic of my C7 with them installed.

StretchBra4.jpg

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See through bras as sexy! ;)

Hang on, rdslon01, I'll take a pic...

Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rdslon01, I added a pic of the mirror side to the original post.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Wow, you rock, Jeremy! How do you get it to conform to the mirror shape and stay? Is there a hole with elastic which goes behind the glass of the mirror?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, you rock, Jeremy! How do you get it to conform to the mirror shape and stay? Is there a hole with elastic which goes behind the glass of the mirror?
No problem! Yes, that is exactly how it works. Tucks right behind the mirror glass and doesn't move until you're ready to take it off. Easy on and off!

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Just got my mirror covers for a long trip in October. Before mounting, I'll polish, then OptiCoat the surface, then slip em on....nice product, fits well...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Used these on my recent trip to Florida, 800+ miles each way.
You would not believe how many bugs they collect.
Quick wash in the sink and hang to dry and you are back in business.
The mirror covers are a bit of a pain to install, you have to use a credit card to tuck the material behind the glass, and it keeps trying to pop out as you do it.
Well worth it though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Been having a problem with my new novistretch mirror covers.
Bought them in Carlisle this past weekend and installed them that day. Trouble is.... every time I go into reverse and the mirrors tilt down, it pulls one corner of the cover with it. The elastic comes out and "un-tucks" itself. I am not going to turn off the mirror knock-down feature.

Anyone else experience this?

May have to send Andy an email on this.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
273 Posts
How about a pic of how it attaches behind the hood. What do you do with the plastic guard you pop off to attach the top to the body corner? I wasn't sure since the pics that came with the instructions quality is so poor it makes the pic mostly unusable.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
How about a pic of how it attaches behind the hood. What do you do with the plastic guard you pop off to attach the top to the body corner? I wasn't sure since the pics that came with the instructions quality is so poor it makes the pic mostly unusable.
you put the guards in the trunk, they snap back in when you take it off, as I'm not very corvette obsessed, mine are off permanently and in my closet for when I sell the car...along with the front air dam and stock wheels......LOL

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would it be nice if they came in body color?

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
you put the guards in the trunk, they snap back in when you take it off, as I'm not very corvette obsessed, mine are off permanently and in my closet for when I sell the car...along with the front air dam and stock wheels......LOL
Glen, curious as to why you have sidelined the guards permanently- not worth the effort or??? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Because taking them on and off everytime you want to use the bra will round off the attachment clips, and then they will be a loose fit. They are for looks anyway, and I'm the only one under my hood, so off to the parts closet they go....they'll get re snapped in on trade in....

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought those pieces were a type of rub guard for that cable that passes along the side rails and goes to the front on both sides? Is it really just for looks?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I thought those pieces were a type of rub guard for that cable that passes along the side rails and goes to the front on both sides? Is it really just for looks?
dunno, it's my opin, not necessary the correct one...I've been in cars so long I kinda do what I want, not what is necessarily right....LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts