Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This was my understanding but I didn't see an option to purchase the C7 Z06 bra on their website. Only the C7.
Call them.

I've got a pre-production prototype on my Stage 1 Z that works well, but they intended to "fine tune" the fitment before beginning full production.

I'd be surprised if it's not available as of this date. But, I'm not Novi...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Andy from Novi responds re the C7, Z06 Mask

I reached out to Novistretch today via their web page and I'm pasting the reply I received from them.

Thank you so much for your message.

We have made some adaptations to our C7 mask to accommodate the Z06. Its currently in production and I’m anticipating that I will have inventory in hand in about 2 weeks or so. We did have a few that we had fabricated here in the shop but those sold out (mostly to StingrayForums members - great community). If you like I can notify you when the new inventory is in and we can get you set up.

Thanks so much for reaching out and my apologies for not having the mask in stock at the moment.

Hope things are well on your end.

Best,

Andy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Capt - the photo is upside down for me.

Interesting point I had not thought of.

Is it even necessary or will the ALP work through the bra?
Curb Alert does NOT work thru the bra. We turned the speaker off for bra worthy drives.

I can't imagine being able to cut a hole that would accommodate the sensor that would be reinforced well enough to not 'run' the stretchy material. Of course, I'm not a seamstress, so maybe there is. But I can't envision it wouldn't flap a little and cause the sensor to go off even if you were successful. Our Curb Alert is installed well up in our grill and out of view when looking at our nose, so the hole would have to be too big and defeat the purpose of the bra. And wouldn't you worry about rocks and dirt getting in the hole and getting under the bra and damaging the paint?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Oh... love the pic right side up Capt!

And do you have the front air dams off and a front splitter under there? The only part of the install I dislike is the loosening of the air dams to fit the bra in between.

P1140413.JPG

Here is SUZZETE with the bra on for the run with 135 of her closest friends on Saturday. Worked like a champ!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Suzy,
I left the air dams off both front sides. I did take the bra to a local upholstery shop and added 2 extra snaps. It fits nicely around the splitter. Just make sure the edging of the bra is covering the front corners.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Capt, Did the shop provide u with the correct snaps to screw into the holes? I also have the same idea. Thanks

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have seen enough to know I will get one if they can make one with a hole cut out for the radiator I will purchase one even pay more for it! Do not want to block any air flow which these will do even when clean.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have seen enough to know I will get one if they can make one with a hole cut out for the radiator I will purchase one even pay more for it! Do not want to block any air flow which these will do even when clean.
I wondered about blocked airflow too except that several of our members have collectively logged many thousands of road trips miles without a single report of problems of overheating which you would expect if airflow was blocked. I couldn't find a basis to be concerned so I stopped worrying about it.

My concern is blocked laser shifters and at least one member has confirmed an issue.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I wondered about blocked airflow too except that several of our members have collectively logged many thousands of road trips miles without a single report of problems of overheating which you would expect if airflow was blocked. I couldn't find a basis to be concerned so I stopped worrying about it.

My concern is blocked laser shifters and at least one member has confirmed an issue.
It is not a matter of the engine overheating as a way of judging weather or not there is a flow issue and unneeded heat is being retained because there is. How much and under what conditions will it cause a issue that will overcome the cooling ability of the vehicle due to a reduced flow rate is problematic to determine at best. Without specific models that can predict this it is only a guessing game. I am about keeping the engine bay as cool as possible especially with a supercharged engine.

Heat soak is not my friend.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We went for a drive along the Sacramento River yesterday. We put SUZZETE's bra on to keep some of the bugs out.

I don't think I'm winning Photo of the Month with these, but not too bad if you want to see some other pics with the bra installed.

P1140559.JPG P1140534.JPG

Reactions: glen e and jsvette

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
It is not a matter of the engine overheating as a way of judging weather or not there is a flow issue and unneeded heat is being retained because there is. How much and under what conditions will it cause a issue that will overcome the cooling ability of the vehicle due to a reduced flow rate is problematic to determine at best. Without specific models that can predict this it is only a guessing game. I am about keeping the engine bay as cool as possible especially with a supercharged engine.
While true, it's probably also true that having all the crud on your radiator is going to reduce its effectiveness at heat transfer. Not sure which would be worse. In either case, I think there is plenty of reserve capacity in the cooling system that it won't be an issue at speed. Idling around in city traffic it might be a bigger concern.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, no bra is pretty or adds to the looks of any vehicle. IMO. However, what the Novi stretch mask does is protect better than any other bra on the market. I wouldn't be concerned about air flow as long as the bra is kept clean. Excessive debris that would clog the mesh on the mask would just as effectively reduce the air flor through the radiator and be a good deal more difficult to remove. Would I have the bra on to race the car? Absolutely not. It's then, when maximum air flow is most critical. After a race is when I would do a comprehensive cleaning of the radiator. I do not use my mask while just driving around town either and will do periodical radiator cleaning as a result. On trips ~ it's on like Donkey Kong! image.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has Novistretch provided the bra that fits the C7 Z06? When I contacted them last week they told me they were working on it and would contact me when it is ready for production.

·
Registered
526 Posts
In order to avoid loosening and tightening the deflector screw I am adding a 4th snap/screw to the bottom. The car upholstery co is also sewing a protective piece of soft cloth to the mesh to avoid tearing at the sharp corner. Now it will be easy on/off.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I recently traveled about 200m and almost all freeway driving. I was really shocked to see how much crap the bra collected--white junk covered the whole grill area!! Looked like a dentist did a teeth whitening. Thanks Novistretch!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts