Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novistretch masks work REALLY WELL with the Sto-n-Sho removable license plate system (for those of us who live in two plate states), yet like all the advantages of driving to a show or on a long trip with a protected front, and when we arrive there, want a clean, devoid of both, car-show appearance.

Here are a series of pictures showing different options, and at the end some details on "where and how" to achieve this.

Your traveling on a trip and need front end protection and your state requires a visible front plate at the front of your car.

image.jpeg

Or, you have totally cleaned your car, just need to go a few miles to the show, or to a friends, yet need your front plate for the trip.

image.jpeg

Or your "running naked" (an old truckers' expression), taking your chance without a plate through it is required, or you just arrived at the show and want to look your best.

image.jpeg

To adapt a standard Novistretch bra to working with the Sto-n-Show, you will need two additional snaps, 4" to the side of the center of your existing center snap. Measure this when your mask is off the car, laid flat on a table -- with your bottom elastic "I stretched". My local upholstery shop had the right tool to properly place the two sides of the snap material together (like a rivet). Additionally, just like you did during your original prep for the first time when you installed your Novistretch, take a T15 Torx and remove the factory "screw" closest to, and on each side of your center snap, re-installing the new snap head screw with a T20 Torx. After these few small initial adjustments, nothing to do subsequently but to first install your Novistretch, then last slide your Sto-n-Sho into its two receiving tubes. (To find Sto-n-Show, Google "Big Mike's Perfromance Parts.")

And if any questions, post here or shoot me a PM.

And, importantly, a huge customer service shout-out for Andy @ Novistretch! He helped make this possible. Novistretch is second to none when it comes to customer service!"

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Glad it worked out!

·
Administrator
15,703 Posts
Nice details and photos John! Thanks for posting. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Yep, that's the primary reason I bought a sto 'n' sho. The only plate mount I could find that would allow the novistretch to work.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice. I don't have to worry about a front plate (Florida) however I'm glad to see that the Novistretch fits over the Sage 2 front splitter. Did you use the same front bumper factory screws?

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice. I don't have to worry about a front plate (Florida) however I'm glad to see that the Novistretch fits over the Stage 2 front splitter. Did you use the same front bumper factory screws?
Yes, works perfectly with a stage 2/stage factory splitter (and am guessing with any other factory aftermarket one).

While you use the exactly factory screw locations (except for two 1/8" holes you drill into the plastic belly plate toward the rear of the car a few inches), you remove the factory front screws immediately outboard of the center screw with a Torx 15, then replace it with a Novistretch supplied extra snap-receiving-female-headed screws (T20). What you will need to make this happen is two sets of snaps (which your local upholstery shop will install on your bottom elastic 4" outward of the center supplied one) and the two new T20 snap-receiving screws. Contact Andy at Novistretch, [email protected]. He is currently just shipping these items out gratis -- though said he maybe later have to make this a couple dollars extra option.

As I posted above, Novistretch's customer service is second to none!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts