Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shouldn't have said anything, good or bad, about the Z51 option. I had no idea what I was speaking about to make comparisons.

Last week I went in for the possible low differential fluid bulletin, and the sales guy I bought the laguna blue c7 from said he
had a couple of 7 speed cars with the Z51 option.
"Wanna take one for a ride"? Umm...sure. All I can say is it's a different animal. A little bit more insane animal.

Now I can honestly say that both cars, auto or manual, Z and non Z, are equally amazing. They're just different.

3 months ago when I saw the c7 in person, I suddenly wanted to be one of the first in the area to buy it. I guess that's just being a rookie. I probably should have just waited it out and stuck with the original car I ordered.
But all is well that ends well, and I ended up trading the blue one in for a red Z with everything I wanted on it and more. I've been accused of being a flip flop on here, and to the person who said that: you're absolutely right.

Do I have any regrets? Not really. I loved the laguna blue c7, and I have enough stories from the 3 months I owned it to last a lifetime.

happy holidays.

·
Administrator
16,295 Posts
Congrats, but do you now have to change your screen name from JCobalt to JTorch :D ?

Reactions: JCobalt

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you :) and cobalt is my nickname ;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
JC; Please do a comparative write up on the differences between the two after you have gained a little seat time in the new Z. Can we look forward to climbing into a Z-06 next year? ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JC; Please do a comparative write up on the differences between the two after you have gained a little seat time in the new Z. Can we look forward to climbing into a Z-06 next year? ;)
I will definitely do that! I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the new Z06. It's going to be very tempting ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the newer Stingray :) Post some pics if you get a chance!
Thanks! I posted a couple in my photo albums, but I'll post a couple here probably tomorrow :)

Reactions: Chip
1 - 8 of 8 Posts