• I will not be getting a C8

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
15,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, now that you have seen pictures and read some/a lot of information on the C8 Midengine Stingray, what are your purchasing plans? Please be sure to 'vote' your response in the above Poll. Thanks!

Can't wait 'til one of our members posts actual pictures of the first C8 mid-engine when it arrives at their home! :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I will be buying a Z06 /3LZ/ Z07 with carbon ceramic brakes as a 2022 year model with discount pricing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree with the wait and see. Based on the 2014 and the updates that were incorporated into the 2015 best to wait for a 2021 with all the kinks worked out and recalls, (if any), and updates taken into account with the 2020 model. Plus no vert option on the leaked dealer order form. Is one in the planning?

·
Registered
371 Posts
My plan was to wait for the Z06 version. Then I saw the actual pics of Rapid Blue...

Waiting for Mike Furman to get back in the office on Wed.

Big surprise, the CG says she will take the current one if I will make it quieter! Deal!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As long as people keep running out of stores to look at my C7 like they did this weekend, I will be on a holding pattern.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm still in "wait and see" mode.
I'm also skeptical about the sub $60k MSRP as well.

My "base" 2016 with no options other than performance exhaust, black badges, and A8, stickered for over 60.

Lastly Chevy customer service is less than what I'd expect on my C7. If they start stealing customers from Euro brands or want to retain their existing Corvette buyers, they need to up their game.

... We'll see what happens......

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sting. You have great taste in your C7 color choice. Maybe we'll pass along the Santiam, McKenzie, someday. My car is noticeable by the Batman image on the hood.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't expect the sub 60k msrp to last long, I bet we see a several thousand dollar increase relatively soon after the first cars start reaching customers. I believe the C7 saw several increase mid year along with the annual revisions.

As for my own purchases, I'm undecided. Needs to see the car in person and then see how it drives. And even then, if I like it, I will be waiting 3-4 years to get some bugs worked out and see how the GS, Z06 are - assuming they are on their way.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I plan to purchase one late in year two or early year three. But I also have a wait and see attitude. I want to see road tests, owner reports, reliability, etc.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

My "base" 2016 with no options other than performance exhaust, black badges, and A8, stickered for over 60.

Lastly Chevy customer service is less than what I'd expect on my C7. If they start stealing customers from Euro brands or want to retain their existing Corvette buyers, they need to up their game.

... We'll see what happens......
The key to 'under 60" is with NO options. And without destination, I suspect. I expect 59,995 plus $1,000 destination. GM isn't going to lie about something that's gotten so much press and publicity. But that price probably won't last beyond year 1. The increases in the C7 were primarily on options packages, if I remember correctly.

And while the service is certainly below the European brands, so is the price of the C8 compared to anything comparable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got my deposit in 🙂

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks op for creating the polls and open this discussion. Will definitely trade in late 2021 or early 2022 if:

- have good trade in offer. Hopefully will get $20k > (at current driving routine it will be less than 3k miles yearly, never been washed or drive in the rain, film protection entire car)
- the deal is as expected (i.e. not price gouging with $$$$ more than MSRP) for the base model + front raise option.
- cabin noise @ 80+ as quiet as c7
- cabin temperature is = or < c7
- as reliable as c7

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a deposit down, number 6 with my dealer, keeping my 2014 M7, I feel these are the two best technological corvette generations.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree, no manual, no C8. I'm sure we all purchased our C7's because they are fun to drive high performance car. If you want to go fast in a straight line, then an auto fits the bill. I like the ability to shift up and down when on small back roads. I must say the C8 is a great looking car with incredible performance. Changing subjects slightly, I was wondering what other think about the C8 attracting younger buyers. Especially those who were considering a new Porsche or even those switching from their old Porsche to a C8.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had my reservation all lined up with my local dealer until the salesman sent me an update from the owner. He said that since they were almost sold out already (Bull S*#@) that he was requiring $7500 over MSRP and that amount was required as a deposit to hold my reservation. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business. It is ridicules how much these dealers will gouge someone. Damn near criminal if you ask me. May not be able to get one the first year, but I will get one.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts