Votes: 19 21.1%
  • I will not be getting a C8

Votes: 16 17.8%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rick Conti is selling at MSRP. I don’t know about the other dealers who are sponsors here on the forum. Ask around.

GM is strongly discouraging dealers from asking over MSRP on the C8, but some dealers are just greedy. They can charge the unwary whatever they want, I guess, but that won’t be me or you.

[/B]
I had my reservation all lined up with my local dealer until the salesman sent me an update from the owner. He said that since they were almost sold out already (Bull S*#@) that he was requiring $7500 over MSRP and that amount was required as a deposit to hold my reservation. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business. It is ridicules how much these dealers will gouge someone. Damn near criminal if you ask me. May not be able to get one the first year, but I will get one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally, I won't pay more than msrp and will walk away if price gouging especially the first year. Put the money in the bank and wait until it calms down.

Imo, it should be the other way around, they should pay the early adopter money to be the test subject. :very_drunk:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I saw it in person yesterday at Selman chevrolet, the interior looks fantastic and quality. I plan to wait for Z06 or ZR1 version.
2019-08-05 17.11.40.jpg 2019-08-05 17.11.47.jpg 2019-08-05 17.12.36.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
It really, really, isn't an automatic. Think of it as a computer controlled manual.
Absolutely an automatic. There is no clutch to depress, there is no coasting in any gear, there is no feeling the release point, there is no skipping gears in up shift, there is no skipping 2-3 gears on downshift and punching it, none of that. So, not a manual in any sense. Have you driven a manual C7?

·
Registered
582 Posts
There is no torque converter, no planetary gears, fluid pumps. That is an automatic.

You can most definitely drop 2-3 gears, and if it's safe for the engine, it will do it. You can coast...

And yes, I own a manual C7. And having driven DCT cars, they are better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is no torque converter, no planetary gears, fluid pumps. That is an automatic.

You can most definitely drop 2-3 gears, and if it's safe for the engine, it will do it. You can coast...

And yes, I own a manual C7. And having driven DCT cars, they are better.

You can drop as many gears as you want in the C8, but they will be in order. You cannot go from 7th to 4th or 4th to 7th without going thru 6th and 5th as well. You cannot de-select a gear and coast, like a manual trans. Automatic with paddle shifters is and never will be a manual transmission.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It’s not an automatic. And you can select 2 or 3 downshifts, and it will get there faster than you can do it with a stick. Coasting in neutral? Why? I’ll bet that you can push the neutral button, or pull both levers and select neutral if you want too.

look, you don’t want one, fine, but you also won’t get 5th or 7th when you wanted another gear. A DCT is better. Sorry you don’t like the future.

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK, take a breath please. Bottom line the C8 will not offer a traditional manual transmission according to GM. The term automatic covers a myriad of variations from early versions of semi-automated manual transmissions (without a foot operated clutch) that have been around a long time in European cars, to dual and three clutch transmissions currently available. Undoubtedly the C8 automatic transmission will be fun to drive with or without using the paddles and enjoying the new handling characteristics of the mid-engine. Let's return the focus of this thread to the original topic of "Who has specific plans to buy one?"

·
Registered
273 Posts
I’m #7 on the first consensus allocation with my local dealer and I expect my C8 order to be accepted in in October, based upon ELB being constrained.
I got my 2014 in late August and never had an issue it’s been flawless. No qualms about being an early adopter of this C8 masterpiece.
I’ve seen it in person and pics can’t come close imo. As big as a change the C7 was when compared to previous generations the C8 again is a giant leap for Corvette 66 years in the making. jmho.
As far a no manual transmission I get it but GM gets it to and a DCT is the future and it’s way better in all aspects imo.
From 3 on the tree to four on the floor it’s evolution baby. I embrace the change and get a great driving experience paddling my way up and down the gears in my C7 in Manuel mode and it’s my expectation that the smiles I’ll get shifting this DCT in Manuel mode as it moves through the gears in mili-seconds at my command will be a great corvette worthy experience. Jmhofwiw ymmv

·
Registered
984 Posts
$59995 for base 1LT includes destination charge.

I'm on the list at one of the Big 3 dealers. Refundable deposit, MSRP, no dealer fees. I'll be getting a Z51, MSRC, 3LT and maybe some other goodies.

·
Registered
836 Posts
No immediate plans to buy one (I would have to get a divorce first) but I do plan to win one. Entered the NCM August 30 drawing to win a build your own C8. If I win I may have to take it!--Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,275 Posts
Welcome to Stingrayforums Yammyhaha!

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Congrats Yammyhaha on your pending Vert and welcome to our forum. :cool:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
NOW THAT THE C8 IS HERE, WHO HAS SPECIFIC PLANS TO BUY ONE?

I do! I was able to snag an allocation at my dealer. Here's my build:

2020 Corvette C8 “base” (non-Z51). Blade Silver Metallic with sky cool gray interior. 2lt trim.

Cost -------------------------------$67,295

Additional options:

Performance exhaust, NPP ---$1,195
Transparent roof-CC3 -------------$995
Carbon flash-painted wheels---- $995

Total estimated MSRP---------$70,480

Love the decision/strategy Chevy came up with for all season tires.

·
Registered
836 Posts
No immediate plans to buy one (I would have to get a divorce first) but I do plan to win one. Entered the NCM August 30 drawing to win a build your own C8. If I win I may have to take it!--Bob
Well the auction has come and gone and I did not seem to get a phone call. Oh well. Reminds me a line from an old country and western song: "Since my phone still ain't ringing, I assume it still ain't you". --Bob

21 - 40 of 57 Posts