Votes: 19 19.8%
  • I will not be getting a C8

Votes: 18 18.8%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Kerbeck’s 2020 corvette reservation list is now closed.
Now taking reservations on early, 2021 corvette stingrays!

New 2021 c8 corvette stingray production starts september 2020.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to sure on what it takes to win at NCM when the winner of the 31 August drawing for a C7 "just happened to be in the audience."

Pictured: John Hadley (2nd from right), winner of the 2019 Shadow Gray Grand Sport was in attendance for the drawing. Pictured with John are Museum Accountant Scott Burklow, Eric Schmedding of Michelin who drew the ticket, and Kellie Crawford, Director of Finance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wonder what will happen to the delivery schedule with the strike going on. I assume it will affect Bowling Green.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not me, I'll need to spend some more time in the seats to get a stronger feel for the inside, but based on a short sit at the local dealer this past Monday, the ski slope hvac controls is a deal breaker. It simply makes for an uncomfortable passenger side area and since that would mean neither my wife nor I would be happy riding there for any amount of time I can't justify a C8. But we'll check the car out further once they are sitting in dealer showrooms and can spend more time. Maybe with more time to think about it or move the seats around we will change our minds. Maybe driving one will help sway the vote too once dealers start allowing that (with all the stupid normal hoop jumping required at so many dealers to get a test drive).

But I gotta say, the car looks good! The road show is a little bit of a bummer as with so many people getting in and out of the seats and touching things the interior is taking a beating with lots of wear on the leather surfaces. Makes you wonder about how well it will hold up over time.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I didn't think I'd buy a C8 but I did a "build and price" online. The MSRP on my '15 1LT was $63,495 ($68,730 in today's dollars). A similarly equipped C8 1LT is about $65K. Hmm. "Oh honey, you know when I told you my Stingray is my last Corvette? Well ...🤔

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Just to satisfy my curiosity, earlier this week I drove up to experience the C8 on tour at a dealership in Greensboro. I wanted to see if I liked it any better in person than I did in pictures.

It wasn't for me. The rear deck lid is too long for my tastes. I will check out a C8 convertible when one arrives around here. I think I might like that better with the alternate rear deck lid design.

A lot of the people who were there said they liked it very much. That is good. I hope GM makes a good profit on the C8 so they will do an all-electric, all-wheel drive C9.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I didn't think I'd buy a C8 but I did a "build and price" online. The MSRP on my '15 1LT was $63,495 ($68,730 in today's dollars). A similarly equipped C8 1LT is about $65K. Hmm. "Oh honey, you know when I told you my Stingray is my last Corvette? Well ...🤔

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had an early '14 C7 which was mortally wounded by a Ford pickup in 2016. The insurance company replaced the '14 with a '16 Z51 at then current prices. Although a terrible accident, I was extremely fortunate to have an Allstate policy that resulted in a $71K check for a $65K vehicle. The '16 C7 draws lots of attention and positive remarks, as most do. I'm 72 on a fixed income. Despite the fact that my friends think I'm nuts, I have an Artic White/Adrenaline gut C8 Stingray with NPP and Carbon roof on order. The bad news is that I'm about #60 on my dealerships order list. I'm hoping that Bowling Green will build a bunch of the more popular colors first and move my order up the priority list.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well done. I believe you are the first member with one :giggle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the Stingray Forum and new to Corvette's. I have always been a muscle car guy but have owned all Fords. When the C7's came out I loved the new design so much I bought a 2016 ZO6/ZO7 in gray and absolutely love it. I purchased a blue 2009 ZR1 this year with 496 original miles on it and it listed for $145,000 when new. I purchased a new 2019 black ZR1 just 3 weeks ago and it is one of the best cars I have ever seen and is my favorite. I liked the new ZR1 so much that I was looking and buying another one but ended up getting a C8 on order and it listed for $91,000 with the options we wanted. I still have a 1069 Boss 429, a 1969 Shelby GT 500 and a 1970 Boss 302. They are all too nice to drive but I live driving the Corvette's. By the way I am the head Ford judge at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals that takes place every year in Rosemont Illinois so I get a lot of ribbing.

I am glad to see you have a great Forum and look forward to following along.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Welcome to our forum Rick and congrats on the stable of Corvette's you now own and on the order for the C8. Sounds like you have a quite interesting garage- post some images when you get a chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to our forum Rick and congrats on the stable of Corvette's you now own and on the order for the C8. Sounds like you have a quite interesting garage- post some images when you get a chance.
Thank you. I am not sure how to upload pictures from my phone but if you walk me through it I will send some.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thank you. I am not sure how to upload pictures from my phone but if you walk me through it I will send some.
The easiest way is to click on the Insert Image icon you will find on the bottom line of any post (right next to the smiley face icon).

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site but not to the car. Took a long break from car forums. Love the c7 and i think the c8 looks great but no manual is a total deal breaker for me. I understand the dct is fast and "the future" as people on here say. But i am not looking to shave a few tenths off my commute time to work. On a track its a no brainier...around town true manuals are more fun period.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Welcome to our forum Pulse_c7. So do you have a C7 manual?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes 2014 z51 m7 3lt. Was just looking at pics of the c8 after my post. Man i really wish they planed on a true manual. I love the look.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts