• I will not be getting a C8

Votes: 22 16.8%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm still in "wait and see" mode.
I'm also skeptical about the sub $60k MSRP as well.

My "base" 2016 with no options other than performance exhaust, black badges, and A8, stickered for over 60.

Lastly Chevy customer service is less than what I'd expect on my C7. If they start stealing customers from Euro brands or want to retain their existing Corvette buyers, they need to up their game.

... We'll see what happens......
They are 59, 995 but who would want one of those stripped with nothing-no resale?. NPP is 1,195, Z51 is 5K, and on and on. I cannot se anyone getting one of the 1LT's with modest upgrades, shipping and taxes, DMV, etc. for less than 70k out the door. My fully loaded 2LT Z51with a 5 year NEEP Platinum warranty and all the taxes, out the door is 84K at MSRP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was looking over the MSRP on Kerbeck's ordered C8 models and noticed that the average cost was over $85K, I was thinking how GM wanted to target a younger market. It appears to me that the demographics are somewhat the same. Most current corvette owners and only a handful of new owners will make that move. How can the younger market possibly afford this car?

·
Registered
145 Posts
When GM says they're targeting a "younger market", they're not talking about teenagers and college students. They're talking about upper middle class professionals in their 30s, 40s, or 50s -- as opposed to the over 60 and approaching retirement crowd. So think doctors, lawyers, engineers, managers, and others who would typically buy BMWs, Audis, or Porsches and in the past wouldn't consider anything by GM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the design and the hard top retractable convert, but no manual option is a deal killer for me. I wish they would have kept the IMO more exotic looking center exhaust tailpipe layout too. I think going through this much trouble of a full remake they should really have incorporated AWD as well. The HP keeps going up but it is hard to make use of it with 2WD.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I love the design and the hard top retractable convert, but no manual option is a deal killer for me. I wish they would have kept the IMO more exotic looking center exhaust tailpipe layout too. I think going through this much trouble of a full remake they should really have incorporated AWD as well. The HP keeps going up but it is hard to make use of it with 2WD.
With the rearward weight bias, the C8 can put much more of its power on the pavement than the FE vettes. The C8 is quicker from 0-60 than the C7 Z06, and almost as quick as the ZR-1.

The downside of AWD is significantly more weight, but the AWD version will be coming in a year or two, but maybe not the way you want. It appears there will be a hybrid with batteries in the tunnel and an electric motor in front. Or maybe a motor at each wheel. For me, I'm happier with a lighter (though no light) car and rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I plan to test drive a friend‘s C8 vert when it arrives and eventually order a ‘21 if its as good as advertised (of which I have little doubt). But, with the state of the economy, I hope to see that ‘V’ shaped recovery before I put a deposit down.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I plan to test drive a friend‘s C8 vert when it arrives and eventually order a ‘21 if its as good as advertised (of which I have little doubt). But, with the state of the economy, I hope to see that ‘V’ shaped recovery before I put a deposit down.
Continue to wait patiently because demand will slow and discounts will be plentiful as usual.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ordered in March right before the virus shutdown. I’m still at 1100. I’m hearing there are so many at 3000 that I might as well get use to getting a 2021.

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I ordered in March right before the virus shutdown. I’m still at 1100. I’m hearing there are so many at 3000 that I might as well get use to getting a 2021.
Time will tell, but unfortunately if you are at 1100, your order has not been accepted by GM. Please see Purchasing sequence for your new C8 You might want to check back with your dealer, and/or (if not already) think about ordering from one of our forum sponsoring dealerships Stingray Corvette Forum

·
Registered
998 Posts
There won't be any additional 2020 allocations. The March cycle was the last for 2020. Chevy has delayed the start of 2021 MY production until November in the hopes that they can build all of the approximately 17,000 2020 orders already at 3000 or beyond.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had my reservation all lined up with my local dealer until the salesman sent me an update from the owner. He said that since they were almost sold out already (Bull S*#@) that he was requiring $7500 over MSRP and that amount was required as a deposit to hold my reservation. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business. It is ridicules how much these dealers will gouge someone. Damn near criminal if you ask me. May not be able to get one the first year, but I will get one.
Find a new dealer

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Update: I have a deposit in with Mike Furman, and plan to take delivery of a 2021 convertible next spring.

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Update: I have a deposit in with Mike Furman, and plan to take delivery of a 2021 convertible next spring.
Congrats Bob! Very exciting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
meyerweb said:

Was the price standard MSRP no markup. Went to Kerbeck back in 2016 may go to Mike as well.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
meyerweb said:

Was the price standard MSRP no markup. Went to Kerbeck back in 2016 may go to Mike as well.
Yep, MSRP. Deposit fully refundable as well (at least until the order is submitted).

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
255 Posts
We ordered ours last July 24 when we early traded our '17 GS for a 2020 3LT Z51 in Torch Red with a red and black two toned interior. Carbon Fiber interior trim, Carbon flash wheels, red calipers, carbon flash mirrors and rear spoiler, battery protection package, engine appearance package. Also ordered, but then GM removed it from my accepted status 3000 order in January was the 5VM Exposed Carbon Fiber ground effects. I have since ordered a set of 5VM from C7 Carbon in San Diego.

Guess I better change my Avatar.......

61 - 80 of 90 Posts