Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I know that my 2017 3LT did not come with NPP, I have a question; is it worth having it installed, recognizing I'll need a new exhaust system? The DIC menu calls the NPP options "Engine Sound Management", is that all it is? Thanks again for help.

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
Definitely not a cost logical after market consideration.

Reactions: Rheacerdave

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I think it would be very difficult to install it after the fact. I doubt that any of the wiring to control the valves is installed, and not sure all the software needed to control them is installed, either.

Reactions: lamonicar

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Standard on every model above the Basic Stingray. I think its a must. I am an OEM fan though. And if you missed the boat on it with your car. There is no way of adding it per GM parts after the fact.

·
Administrator
16,654 Posts
This is Standard on every model above the Basic Stingray. I think its a must. I am an OEM fan though. And if you missed the boat on it with your car. There is no way of adding it per GM parts after the fact.
Welcome to our forum stloblues. Partially correct: if a car was ordered without the NPP it will not have the wiring harness as well as other components to add it aftermarket. However, early years, it was an option on 2LT non-Z51 C7s.

Reactions: lamonicar

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
And an option even on the Z51 for 2014.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have mine I removed from my 2017 I will sell. The tips will need welded back on, but I have it all. I installed an AWE X-pipe and track exhaust, I will sell the NPP if your interested

·
Registered
2014 C7 Stingray convertible Z51 3LT Torch Red/black int.
17 Posts
I have NPP on my Z51. I installed the Borla X-Pipe and the Mild-n-Wild selector. I never use the M-n-W because it defaults to the open position upon start up. The car isn't too terribly loud, IMO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it would be very difficult to install it after the fact. I doubt that any of the wiring to control the valves is installed, and not sure all the software needed to control them is installed, either.
I agree totally...but would never buy one w/out it!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts