Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on after I removed the old battery on my 2014 coupe and replaced it with an OEM new battery. I am getting a P26C8, P12EB and P12E8 code. The P26C8 code seems to be the result of the P12EB and P12E8 codes. These codes deal with the left bank exhaust flow valve.
Questions: Is there a harness that I can access to test the electrical connection to this valve?

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this problem will be appreciated. The exhaust changes tone when put into Sport and Track mode and everything else seems to be working.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Since you say everything seems to be working...

I assume that you've read this codes and then cleared them, right? The codes then re-occurred?

Otherwise, the codes might only have been due to a transient voltage that occurred during the battery swap, and may not be an indicator of a "real" problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cleared the codes on numerous occasions only to have them return after ignition shut down and restart. I checked the exhaust valves visually the other day and they open and close completely and seem to be in sync with the upstream valves as well. My understanding of the electrical system is basic. I have been told that there are at least 27 different sensors and that many of them have multiple functions. I am also advised that the Vette is loaded with capacitors and that is one reason I didn't lose any memory functions when I changed out the battery.
I am completely stumped as is everyone I have talked to in my local Corvette club. I may have to resort to letting a dealer (groan) look at it.
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts